• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RYCA Motorcycles

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I read an article on this bike and the company that makes the kit for converting a Suzuki S40 into a slick little Cafe Racer.

I would probably put different rubber on it, but this thing looks pretty cool, and I've actually been thinking about getting into Cafe Racer's as they are making a comeback.

I may have to start looking around for a used S40, which you can buy pretty cheap.

http://www.rycamotors.com/

4949952676_4ab97fe1ee_b.jpg

4949952764_87e833043a_b.jpg

Weight 320 lbs. I like it. The cool factor is definitley there.

I'm thinking with a little different rubber, some flat track style bars and a high pipe might also look cool.

I wonder what kind of torque and hp can get out of this engine with an opened up exhaust, carb re-jet and an opened up intake.

Maybe a little bubble type fairing around the head light. Definitely some modern rubber.

Ya, I don't know where they got those tires, but the tread pattern looks just like what they used on Harley's back in the 40's through the 60's.

I like it a lot! I'm thinking it wouldn't be too uncomfortable either since the clip ons are a good 4" above the seat level. Even though they are under the top fork tree. Good find.

One thing about the S40--they are dead simple. And that seat cannot be any more uncomfortable than the stock seat on one. :lol2:

I'd be thinking about upgrading the brakes, though. They were never terribly stout.

I've always had a soft spot for that little engine. My wife had an S40, then called the LS650, back in the '90s and I'm certain I rode it more than she did. I did the carb spacer mod and put a Kerker Supertrapp on it. It was freakin' sweet, even though it topped out at a mere 80 miles per hour.

As for this kit, I like it as-is and wouldn't change a thing. It's part café racer and part boardtracker; the perfect boutique bike, especially for the price.

There's one thing that bothered me when I saw the pictures in Cycle World and that looks even worse in these higher quality ones. They moved the foot controls to the proper cafe position, but left the forward mounted shifter? What's with that?

Hmmm, looks like two shifters are available....

I really like this, like it a lot!

4949952216_39189e7a3d_b.jpg

It looks like the forward shift is just vestigial, as it looks as if the shift rod is connected to the foot peg shift. Pull out the grinder!

Could that front lever be the manual decomp they speak of? The auto decompression is removed to save weight and clean up the look.

Even if it is - it's just weird. A little lever like on the XT/TT/SR500 Yamaha would look much better.

I believe that is the manual decomp. You can see the rod goes up to the head.

Hmm, wondering if I have enough change in the couch to pick up an S40 and one of these kits.....

Nope, looks like I spent it all on popcorn and beer already!

Like I said before - still very weird. A little lever like on the XT/TT/SR500 Yamaha would look much better. That thing sticking out like that is just plain ugly and out of character with the rest of the bike. Especially from the rear quarter angle like that first picture.

Prices have come down...

COMPLETE KIT for your Suzuki S40/Savage - $2995
The Ryca CS-1 kit includes every single component needed to build your own cafe racer at home with basic tools. It includes all the custom parts made at Ryca, plus all the additional aftermarket components and accessories needed to complete your project. All custom parts are fabricated by hand at Ryca in Los Angeles, and professionally painted or powder coated for durability. More details here.

PARTIAL KIT for your Suzuki S40/Savage- $1795
The partial kit is for builders who want to source their own aftermarket components. It includes only the custom parts made at Ryca. More details here.

NEW CS-1 - $7995
A brand new bike with a complete kit installed, ready to ride.

S40 CONVERSION - $4500
If you already own a Suzuki S40/Savage, or can source one locally (new or used), a Ryca installer will travel to your home (anywhere in the contiguous U.S.) and build a CS-1 for you. Price includes a complete kit plus all labor and travel expenses. More details here.

S40 CONVERSION (LOCAL) - $3500
You bring us your S40. We make it awesome.

I like the S40 Conversion option, aka Build it in your driveway while you watch and learn.

For $9000 I could buy a gb500 and an sr500 and an srx650, might take a while to collect all three but that's half the fun right?

Good Start !!!!!

Needs
clip on bars
Girling shocks
Reissued Dunlop K-81's
Handlebar mounted compression release
Half Avon RR fairing
Pegs with a little more setback

Good Start !!!!!

Needs
clip on bars
Girling shocks
Reissued Dunlop K-81's
Handlebar mounted compression release
Half Avon RR fairing
Pegs with a little more setback

Squint harder... it's got clip ons, but the angle is a little flatter than what I would have expected.

Back