• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment: - #44 Family (ENTRY) Due 11/26/2010 - extended to 11/29

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Post your single entry for Photo Assignment #44, "Family" in this thread.

With Thanksgiving coming up and other holidays I got to thinking that it would be nice to see some family gatherings. What I've done (without checking with M38A1) is extend the due date a couple of days so that we can include Thanksgiving this year.

The subject will be family. No motorcycles required in this assignment. Families can be large and small. It can be your close friends if you think of them as family. Shoot, we have a Pie Run coming up on the 20th, so it might even been your TWT family. Just get them together and get a picture.

Your photograph has to have been taken between now and midnight, November 26, 2010.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted. Photographs should stand on their own for your interpretation of "Family"

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until midnight, November 26, 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Photo Assignment: - #44 Family (ENTRY) Due 11/26/2010

P1010208.jpg

Re: Photo Assignment: - #44 Family (ENTRY) Due 11/26/2010

Since it looks like people may have been enjoying the holiday too much...or maybe were still traveling, let's extend the deadline to Monday Nov. 29th. That will give folks a chance to get back home and go through recent pictures.

from L to R, the future son-in-law, daughter and son at the Dallas Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning.

1104414320_BGTLJ-L-2.jpg

Well, at long last, after an extension and extended judging (okay, I forgot to get back on later on Tuesday to write this up) we have a winner.

But first, some comments.

Voni, nice capture of the leader of the pack. I like the horizontal lines of sunlight coming through the fence and how it lights the scene. Also I like how he has the attention of all the dogs.

M38A1, I like the shot alot, with the buck out of focus in the background. Good use of depth of field. However it would have cool to see a few more does. It would have given more of a sense of family to see his whole harem.

Paul, very creative way to show the many scenes of a family gathering.

oops, work emergency interrupts. I'll try to finish this at lunch, sorry.

Okay, so sorry. I'm part of a two man IT department and we had an emergency on top of a bunch of regular work and I got involved in that. Then I forgot about it when I got home last night, which is the real problem.

So, Duke, love the big group of people. So did you have to run fast to beat the timer on the camera? :lol2:

Gary, nice capture of the kids and congrats on the future son in law.

I liked all the shots, but I think Dixonduke's was best portrayal of family. A large group really showed that. Only negative on it was it seemed a little washed out, but that may be my monitor to some degree.

So Duke, ball's in your court now.

Congrats, Duke, that's a nice looking family there.

Wow, Thanks..... I am suprised to be picked, and yes I did have to run to beat the timer.

Technically I can list many things that are wrong with this photograph, shot in bright sun, wrong iso, wrong f stop, over exposed, ect. But it was fun trying to capture it. We had just finished our family reunion of sorts for the first time in 10 years or better, and everyone was wanting to leave and head back to their homes. Very impromptu I challenged all to give me just 3 min to get a group photo.

i will get the next challenge put together today and get it posted up.

Back