• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Panel with storage pocket

JonLee

Reaction score
Hi there,

Anyone using this on the Bandit? Looks nice and can use the pocket for small storage. Reminds me of ST1100 pocket only this one is on the right side panel.

Attachments

• st1100 pocket.jpg
    st1100 pocket.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 166
  • right side panel.jpg
    right side panel.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 159
  • topviewopen.jpg
    topviewopen.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 163
Btw, anyone using headlamp protector for the bandit? Ventura light guard?
Care to share feedback?

Thanks.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/lightguard.aspx

The fairing insert with the pocket I just looked at on Ebay, but unfortunately it's for the GSX1250FA, which has a totally different fairing. A shame, as I'd get one like a shot for my GSF1250.

I also have a ventura light guard. Looks good and has had a couple of stones bounce off it without incident. The fit is fine and I look at it as insurance. Recommended and you can see it in situ on my GSF1250 blog: kewwibike.blogspot.com

The fairing insert with the pocket I just looked at on Ebay, but unfortunately it's for the GSX1250FA, which has a totally different fairing. A shame, as I'd get one like a shot for my GSF1250.

I also have a ventura light guard. Looks good and has had a couple of stones bounce off it without incident. The fit is fine and I look at it as insurance. Recommended and you can see it in situ on my GSF1250 blog: kewwibike.blogspot.com

Too bad then. That fairing insert do looks good to me. Saw that one on ebay.uk. Nonetheless, will keep on looking for GSF1250S accessories, who knows some interesting accessories laying around somewhere.

Btw, cool blog u got there. Nice bike too. :-P The Yoshimura brake/clutch cover look neat. Love the shiny can.

I'd pay for one of those (the pocket) for the SA, definitely.

As for the light guard, could Ventura possibly have a less informative web site? How about some pictures of the product, installed and on its own.

I've used various headlight protectors on other bikes, and never had anything hit the headlight, so I kinda think I won't spend the money again. Probably jinxing myself.

I've used various headlight protectors on other bikes, and never had anything hit the headlight, so I kinda think I won't spend the money again. Probably jinxing myself.

I think the headlight lens assy. cost near 200 bucks on my 2002 R1150GS. Plus , the PIA to change it out. Had to dissassemble near everything to get it done.

Plus , the PIA to change it out. Had to disassemble near everything to get it done.

I've seen the protector on other bikes. It's a clear quite thick but flexible plastic and use velcro system to paste on the headlight. But I can't get the one for my bandit 1250s though.

Attachments

• venturaheadlightprotector01.jpg
    venturaheadlightprotector01.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 126
  • venturaheadlightprotector02.jpg
    venturaheadlightprotector02.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 127
  • venturaheadlightprotector03.jpg
    venturaheadlightprotector03.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 126
Guys.....just a suggestion....go to Wally World or Target and pick up a small camera case.
Get some HIGH strength Velcro and stick it on.
I've done this with a couple bikes and never had any issue with it coming off even at triple digit speeds.
Make sure you clean the area well with alcohol first!

Guys.....just a suggestion....go to Wally World or Target and pick up a small camera case.
Get some HIGH strength Velcro and stick it on.
I've done this with a couple bikes and never had any issue with it coming off even at triple digit speeds.
Make sure you clean the area well with alcohol first!

Can see some pictures, if you have.

Can see some pictures, if you have.
Sorry no pics.
I used small soft cloth cases but I'm sure you could use a hard case if you wanted.
Just clean the area with alcohol real good and use a few strips of Industrial strength Velco on the area and the other matching strips on the cover.
Works good!!

Back