• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone Up for a Post-Thanksgiving Ride on Nov. 27th

Reata

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
McDaniel
Starting in Fredericksburg? Then Where?

Lots of great roads down there, just thoght it might be fun to throw out the idea....

Are we talking paved only, paved/dirt? Have you thought about a route, or just trying to get lost. South toward Kerrville/Leakey or north toward Llano/Brady?
Sam

Totally wide open. I was just trying to find out if there would be any interest from anyone. It is really just a search for interest and I will also admit that I have not ridden down in that neck of the woods either.

Have done some reading on it and have found both dirt and pavement routes taht are utterly stunning. I know low water crossings exist throughout the dirt trails down there, which could also be fun.

I will be trailering mine down there and will probably spend the night where ever base ends up being.

If there isnt any interest then I will prolly just stay closer to home and cruise around up here. The roads are a lot more interesting down there though.

Just a thought. It is a 5 hour drive for me, but it would be fun with some other riders.

I am up for it. Lost or planned, makes no differance to me. It would be nice to get several others. Come on now, get some of that turkey moving!
Sam

My wife and I would love to participate! Jenn warns that F-berg has the country peddler that weekend, usually very busy. And she rides a Guzzi, so cannot get off-road. :sun:
MRD

i could be in. would be on road (loose definition) but coming from H-town, would be there Fri afternoon. I'd prefer staying further south, maybe Kerrvillle. Less crowding, cheaper rooms and closer to good roads. Pick a place and I'll probably be there. Love to ride the roads s and w of Kerrville.
Someone pull the trigger.

This is Reata's ride, but perhaps I could suggest some other gathering areas since it was brought up about the f-burg overcrowding.
1. Meet in the Comfort area, ride southwest toward Bandera-Madina-Vanderpool. It is a very nice loop, lots of exploring. We will be coming from the house, so it would be 9:00am or so before we got to Comfort. But the Weather Wizards are now calling for cold temps on Thankgiving and the weekend. So ya'll may be still eating breakfast when we get there anyway.
2. The other would be, meet in Marble Falls and ride northwest toward Llano-Mason-Junction. I am a little less experienced on these roads but I have no problem getting lost. I can find my way out by sniffing for BB Que. Have Garmin, will find food!
Just some thoughts, lots of good roads out there.
I would like to keep it to smaller ranch roads & county roads. Mrs. Ham's 530 likes the sub-light speed routes.
Sam

Comfort works, I think I will be staying in F-Burg with my sis....but 22 miles is not a far ride. Sounds like a plan if Comfort works for the rest of the gang.

Hopefully the starting point is settled.

9AM Comfort on the 27th. Think we might be able to make it over to Camp Wood for some sightseeing? Any other cool places to suggest?

Sam, I will PM you my number.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
OK, apologize profusely but the Colonel (wife) has put the kabash on my attendance. I am so sorry and hope that you all go after all.

Sorry to hear that you will not be coming down. Hope you can join us at some later date. We will be cool if this comes to pass. The weather wizards now have 32 deg. for the Sat. morning low. I will be out somewhere! Maybe short trips to multiple eatin spots. Sam

I could still be in. the weather doesn't bother me much. But if I'm going to ride out there, I'd like to have a clue that I won't be alone. Although I've ridden most of those roads by myself more than once it's more fun if there is someone else to tell lies with.

According, again to the weather wizards, it's going to be 34 deg in Austin Sat. a.m. If I leave from the house at 8 a.m. I could be in Comfort by 9:30. If we ride till 2:00 I could be back home around 4, depending on where I broke off from. If that's good with anyone, let's do it. It will be cold, and sometimes fast, to get any size loop (150 to 200 miles) done, but I am game. I will work on a route if anyone is still interested. Sam

Back