• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good phone mount?

Reaction score
I've got ear buds I like, but now that our phones are our GPS/MP3/phone/camera/toaster/etc, how are you guys mounting your phones? Is there a good generic bar mount system?

RAM .87 X 2.25 W/ 11 MM HOLE & 1" BALL
Product Number: RAM-B-252U

mounts under the triple

UNPKG RAM DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
Product Number:RAM-B-201U-A

short holder

UNKD RAM RAIL MNT SIDE UNIVER PDA CRADLE
Product Number: RAM-B-149Z-PD2U

universal holder. will hold GPS, Ipod, phone, radar detector,

I am thinking about getting over for the the other side right now its just on the left side.

Me too. They can leave a message. Some folks use their phone as MP3 players now I suppose. I just refuse to talk on the phone while riding. That's just me.

Agreed, but when using it for GPS/music, it'd be nice to have it mounted.

RAM .87 X 2.25 W/ 11 MM HOLE & 1" BALL
Product Number: RAM-B-252U

mounts under the triple

UNPKG RAM DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
Product Number:RAM-B-201U-A

short holder

UNKD RAM RAIL MNT SIDE UNIVER PDA CRADLE
Product Number: RAM-B-149Z-PD2U

universal holder. will hold GPS, Ipod, phone, radar detector,

I am thinking about getting over for the the other side right now its just on the left side.

Would you be so kind as to post a picture of the rig? It sounds like you've got it right.

Agreed, but when using it for GPS/music, it'd be nice to have it mounted.

You must have good eyes. I need cheaters to be able to see the screen on my Zumo, which I use for MP3, XM, and audio books. Screen on my HTC phone is too small to see while riding.

I wouldn't recommend any device holder that relies solely on clamping pressure to hold the device. I had one similar to this: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogRes...82065077045066045049050048066085/Default.aspx

And when I went down a couple of years ago my phone went flying down the road.

Most recently, I've used one of these: http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/AquaBoxMounts/tabid/125/Default.aspx

Not only does is close securely, it's waterproof.

My cell phone would quickly overheat and shut down if charging and the GPS on if it doesn't have ventilation.

:bigokay:

DSC03449.jpg

sorry this has taken me so long.. here are the pic I told you I would put up..

100_2508.jpg

100_2509.jpg

100_2510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back