• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help me add fun!

arget

Reaction score
So when I want to go for a quick afternoon ride I usually head to 455, north of Celina.

I live at George Bush, and I-35 (so basically I can get anywhere off of GB, 35, 121, or the DNT in 15 minutes).

It usually takes me about 30 minutes to get to 455 by riding up the Dallas North tollway. I then ride 455 for about 30 minutes of bliss (up to where it runs across 75 and then back) and then head home.

So what I'm saying is, I ride for an hour to get to 30 minutes of fun.

I'd like to add some more fun to my afternoon trips. Adding time to them wouldn't be any problem. Though for these excursions lets say under 3 hours total.

So if you guys have suggestions on either more roads around 455 that I can hop on and enjoy, or perhaps starting from my house at GB and 35, a completely different direction/route that has less commute-to-the-real-fun and more the-real-fun.

Look forward to hearing suggestions!
Thanks

When you get back to Celina on 455, keep going straight and pick some of the smaller roads to explore. For example, take 2153 to 2164 and ride into the square in Denton for a dish at Beth Marie's Ice Cream, then either 35 back home, or more back roads.

Exploring becomes part of the fun!

I turn left at the 380 in Frisco and then a right on the first paved road and meander towards 455. On the way back I hit St.Johns road on the south end of the lake. I really don't look for names just narrow and blacktop. Definitely riding tomorrow in the A.M.

Back