• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 New Year Photographic Resolutions

Reaction score
It's that time of the year...let's see your photographic New Year's Resolutions!!

Here are mine:

1) I will take more photos

2) I will educate myself in business and get my photography business going.

3) I will not buy any more lenses/flashes/misc camera stuff until I feel I have mastered what I have. New gear will not make me better....practice with what I have will.

4) I will read one new photography book a month

5) I will go through all of my files in Lightroom and delete the ones I will never use.

6) I will organize and keyword the remaining files.

Scott, If you haven't been down to the Cheasapeake building in downtown cowtown, you really need to go.
They have wrapped all the trees around the headquarters in thousands, and I mean THOUSANDS of LED lights.

It's very cool, below is just one of a bunch that I took a couple weeks ago.

DSC_2151.jpg

The LED lights are very bright and having them on a dark background was proving kind of hard for me to get a good balance on my exposure.
I think an evening trip back down there is in order to see if I can get better results with more ambient light present.

If you are interested, PM me and we can try to plan a trip if interested.

STScott; said:
2011 New Year Photographic Resolutions

...uh - most probably RAW/large :rofl:

And on a more serious note:
1) Read the stack of 18 months worth of photo magazines a friend provided me.

2) Clean out my junk files from LR. (WAY too much HD space taken with stuff I'll never use)

3) Take more time to shoot the shots. ie: really THINK about them more.

4) Work on asking people to do something with the pose, ie: fold their arms if I think it looks better. Engage people!

5) Choose ONE image from 2010 and have it printed large - on canvas.

6) Develop a photo-specific website for my best shots and explore a photographic business model.

1) Finish my 365 uploads to photobucket.

2) Find a way to print/display my 365 of 2010.

3) Organize better!

4) Share.

Voni
sMiling

Shoot all the rolls of Tungsten in my freezer before they decide to quit processing E-6 :)

Take more pictures and delete the dull, bad or like photos instead of saving them.
Play with the A , S and Manual settings more.

Back