• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best Truck Bed Cover for hauling Bikes?

mathp

Reaction score
I just bought a Dodge Ram with the 5.7' bed and looking to put a cover on the bed. I'm thinking of getting a retractable cover and wanted to know if anyone uses one and hauls bikes, and what kind of experience you have had. Please let me know!

Make sure it is strong enough to handle a bike banging against if it stores on front of the bed. I got a removable hard cover just to avoid that. Plus they take up some bed space.

Downside to hard cover is that I need help to remove it.

These are nice for several reasons. Undercover Many of the retractable types claim water resistance, it's all lies. The velcro types provide zero security, it you are concerned about that. The ability to easily remove a cover to haul something large is a big selling point to me. Otherwise you might as well have a large SUV.

i have an Undercover on my chevy, takes about a minute to remove it and re-install it, and its very strong, i could walk over it.

Back