• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iphone GPS App suggestions?

Reaction score
First Name
JT
There are a bunch of GPS apps available for the Iphone, and I'm wondering if anyone here uses one for their 2 wheeled adventures and what might be recommended, or which ones I should stay away from.

Any suggestions? What I really am looking for is one that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg in cost (especially with subscription costs) and that has an audio option so I can have the directions run through my earbuds in my helmet.

Not exactly the reply you are asking for, but... I have the Garmin app on my iPod touch. I got the mount which has the chip to get the satellite signal. It works pretty good, not sure I would trust the suction mount on my motorcycle, but in the car it is OK.

I would keep the iphone in my jacket pocket, so being able to see the screen isn't important. The voice is most important to me so I can keep my eyes on the road, but hear important instructions from the GPS.

I use the TomTom app. So far, map updates have been free and they keep adding new features to it.

the mapquest app is free and I believe gives turn by turn.

I use GPS Drive HD on my iPad, and am satisfied with it so far.

Co worker has the MotionX GPS with turn by turn. We used it when we were in Beirut, I mean S. Dallas. It was spot on. He said he paid $29/yr.
There was a monthly option??

I went to Itunes and found a version for $3 but couldn't find the voice version?

Co worker has the MotionX GPS with turn by turn. We used it when we were in Beirut, I mean S. Dallas. It was spot on. He said he paid $29/yr.
There was a monthly option??

I went to Itunes and found a version for $3 but couldn't find the voice version?

The voice part is an in app purchase option. Motion X GPS Drive is the navigation application (Motion X GPS is a GPS tracker which I also use). the cost of the voice guidance is $2.99 per month or $19.99 per year.

If you buy the app I think you get 1 week free voice guidance to try it out.

Back