• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin skyline at night...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I figured I might as well join the others in posting a skyline/night shot....
C&C Welcome!

1089620536_a8t4h-XL-1.jpg

I don't know anything about photography, but I know what I like, and I like that.Do you have it in a larger size, and would you mind if I used it as a background on one of my computers?

Thanks....

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D90
Lens: 24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2010:11:12 21:15:28
Focal Length: 70mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 2.000 s
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB
Copyright: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Beauty. Next time try a little earlier in the evening. Start exposing right after the sun sets. It will give you a little tone in the sky. Always use a tripod.
I like this angle,too.
TexTom

Beauty. Next time try a little earlier in the evening. Start exposing right after the sun sets. It will give you a little tone in the sky. Always use a tripod.
I like this angle,too.
TexTom

Thanks...
I had heard about this place off MOPAC and we were going to a party there one evening so I grabbed "the backpack" and tripod. Zilker something or other up on the hill SW of the MOPAC bridge is what it's called. An excellent vantage point to view the city on this crisp clear night. That was also done with the tripod and a remote IR release. I must really be getting old as w/o my glasses, it looks soft like some of the others recently, but when I put them on - the crispness pops out. Is it just me?

Zilker Clubhouse off of....none other than...Zilker Clubhouse Rd? Nice place for a reception.

Yes! That's the name of the place. Looks like an old house on the top of the hill with an awesome patio facing NE towards downtown.

Mama don't take my Kodachrome, Mama don't take my Kodachrome, A wayyyyyy hey hey!

That's an awesome pic! luv it!

Back