• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Shadow 750 Pipes?

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
All my buddies who ride swear by Cobra pipes. I do think they look quality and sound good. However, Vance and Hines pipes are a lot cheaper. I am under the impression V&H makes quality stuff as well. Why the price huge price difference? I like a deep non raspy or insanely loud sound. I assume I should be looking for full length pipes and not shorties, right? Very new to the cruiser world, so all thoughts, experiences and opinions welcomed!!!

I have Cobra pipes on my 02 shadow 750 A.C.E. They sound good. Dont know why the price difference and havent had a shadow in with the V+H pipes so i havent compared the sound. Sorry i cant be of more help

Based on VT1100T owners, the V&H dual baggers are pretty loud. Many owners that have installed V&H have switched back to the stockers or gone to Cobras despite really liking the tone of the V&H. Though the V&H are nowhere near as loud as drag pipes, for all day riding they can get wearisome.

Can't speak to the price difference. Check to see if one or the other is not a complete kit or if the Cobras are dual-walled pipes. Most stock pipes on cruisers are dual wall to prevent the chrome from blue-ing so quickly.

Back