• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #48 "Winter Relections" (ENTRY Thread) Deadline Jan 31

twtex85

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Adams
For this contest the theme is "Winter Reflections". Post a picture that either catches a scene of a cold winter day or recreates the feel or mood you get when you look out the window on a cold winter day. Examples could be bundled up people going about their business, landscape shots with the leaves all gone off the trees, pictures of objects or scenes that make you glad you are inside and warm. I think black and white shots could do well here.

Have fun with this, camera phones, p&s or dslr's, or even film.... all shooters are welcome.

Since we had snow about a week or so ago let's backdate this assignment to include shots taken from Sunday Jan 9th and midnight, January 31, 2011. I know we have some great shots that have ice and snow in them out there that are just waiting to be seen. Remember you can only post one picture on this entry thread. As usual please don't comment or add descriptions on the photos. Let them speak for themselves and see what they say. Have fun with this.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
P1060532.jpg

Glad to see all the posts . This was kind of a tough assignment what with all the warm weather we have been having up until this week. What I was hoping for was to capture the different moods or feelings you experience gazing out on a winter day. I think the photos posted stimulate that winter feeling when I look at them.

1. Voni- great shot that captures the cold and damp feel of a winter day and makes you reach out for another cup of coffee before venturing outside.

2.PGlaves- I like the sharpness of your photo and the blue sky. Reminds me of the crispness of a clear cold winter day.

3.SheNadya, M381- love the feel of the black and white shots as they give a somber winter tone to the picture much like looking out on a bleak winter day. The varying degrees of contrast in black and white really add to that feeling.

4.achesly- I like the dark tone created by the absence of foliage in the trees and the river flowing in front.

5.dixonduke- the crystalline blue sky in your shot is enhanced and magnified due to the contrast of the white snow and plane in the foreground along with the lights in the background. I can feel the cold of the winter coming thru and the dramatic color adds to the picture

6.Rad3766- Your picture makes me want to put an extra layer on and stand in front of the fire to warm up. Definitely would not want to go out on a day like this if I had other options.

Well we have to pick one so after careful review I elect :

Rad3766 as the winner of this go round.
I think his shot captures winter in more ways than one. Congratulations to Rad3766 and thanks to all who posted pictures for this assignment .

I'm still cold looking at Bob's picture.... Brrrr.......

Congrats! :clap:

Thanks all for the compliments and competition. :bigokay:

Thats a shot of Storm King Mountain in Orange County NY on the morning of Jan. 12 at the end of a heavy snow storm.
Taken from the stern of the tugboat I work on while pushing 4 million gallons of gasoline on the Hudson River bound for Albany NY.

The clue for the next photo assignment is contained in that pic. :scratch: :huh: :trust:

I had to go back and really study the picture to see the train in the back ground. I had froze up at the first ICE.

very nice photos! I can't believe it was a perfect riding day on Saturday and tonight there's a high probability of snow. Hopefully it won't look like Bob's photo though! BRRR doesn't begin to cover that feeling.

Back