• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

San Antonio Vespa/Aprilia/Moto Guzzi: CLOSED

Reaction score
Where have I been?!?!?! Gone & moved into their Austin location as of November???

Wow...this was 'predicted'. Didn't even realize they were 'closed' 'til I 'googled' their name out of curiosity.

Made a 'killing' when the scooter's were selling like 'hotcakes' back in '08 & than renovated & moved into the old BMW shop theiron Broadway. Never saw them as a motorcycle dealer due to AF1 being nearby.

Now what? Does Moto Guzzi, as an example, have any presence w/in the region?

Wonder if AF1 will pick the line up...

Wonder if AF1 will pick the line up...[/QUOTE]

Rumor is they are heading back to Austin as well

In Austin, I believe it is called CLOSED as well. MotoAustin / Ducati Austin seems to have dropped Aprilia and Moto Guzzi from their dealership line-up as well. AF1 is a great Aprilia resource, but is in New Braunfels. Would be great to have them in Austin.

Vespa is on S. Lamar in Austin as a stand alone store.

Austin Vespa is CLOSED now too.

Expect an official announcement soon w/ AF1....

Vespa is competing against knock off Chinese copies. As is Aprilla. They design and the Chinese copy.
Hard to compete on price, when the average buyer is completely clueless about quality, service and parts availability. They see a scoot that looks like but is only a 1/4 of the cost.

Back