• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SV1000S

Greg

Reaction score
Give me some thoughts and opinions.....I'm seriously looking at purchasing one and just want some input -- good or bad. I'm coming off of a VFR800 and just wanted to try something different. Thanks.

Howdy Greg,

:tab I was beginning to wonder what happened to you! From what I have read only, it seems the ergos on the SV will be more sporting than the VFR800. Also, there has been a good deal of griping about the stock seat on both the 650 and 1000. Apparently, Suzuki forgot that you hiney does not really care much for style and prefers function over form. They are a bit angular on the sides and it digs into the inside of your thighs. All of the mags have been raving about it. Most of the track guys aren't all that excited about it though, I guess because it may be more street oriented? I have not heard of any mechanical issues yet. I can't remember if the low beam only has one of the bulb lit up or both. Personally, I want BOTH sides lit up. I have zero interest in pretending my bike is a race bike of old with that style of lighting. The lights on our 650 were decent, but paled in comparison to the VFR800.

:tab Go here for the real poop!

http://www.svrider.com/phpbb/

You'll be able to find out anything you want about the bikes, good and bad!

:tab Does this mean you might show up for some of our rides? :-P

Adios,

The July issue of Motorcyclist has an article on both the new SV650 & 1000. There is also a May article about the SV1000 alone.

Ride safe ride free

Vittorio

SV-1000

The Sept./ Oct. 2003 issue of Road Bike (on stands now) has the cover story of the SV 1000.

I am a Bandit 1200 rider but if the big SV rides as good as it looks I would sell my Bandit today for a new BIG SV.

Kelly

Back