• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New seat option

Reaction score
Just got this back yesterday from Russell Day Long. It is their new sports seat which is a daylong "light" I had sent them a one piece base from a gsx650f to work with since it is cheaper to have the one piece base and I wanted it to be a lower height. I was able to take it out for only a short ride yesterday evening and so far it feels pretty good and provides lots of support. Their new sports seat is 20% cheaper then the regular day long so my total shipped back to me was 365.00 for the solo one piece seat. The quality looks very good.

I have been through numerous seats trying to find one that works for me (spencer stock, both versions of the sargent, factory gel, stock GSX650 seat) All to date have made longs days in the saddle painful. Hopefully this will be the ticket. I opted for the sport seat and not the regular day long due to wanting to keep the lower height. I am 6' 1" but all torso and I don't like being perched up on the bike. It is a bit taller now then the stock 650 seat but they say the seat new will be about a 1/2 inch taller until break in. It that is the case then it should work out pretty well.

Attachments

• 107_1561.jpg
    107_1561.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 107_1563.jpg
    107_1563.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 138
interesting design. keep us informed on "bunnability". Mods are gonna kill me on that one.:giveup:

That thing looks like a LazyBoy chair :lol2:

A decent seat makes your "hole" day better , excuse the pun
My last bike I started with the stock , then a factory Gel and then a Corbin

Man, that is a very good price. Neat and different looking seat also.

my rear wouldn't know what to do with all that support.

The main question is what happens when you slid off the bike a little in tight twisties?

Let us know how it works when you get a chance to really test it out....Looks pretty cozy.

Slight jack: who made that seat? I'm looking for a back rest for wife.

Slight jack: who made that seat? I'm looking for a back rest for wife.

Not really a HiJack I believe. It is a Russell just like the OP's, but I have the touring seat. I wanted to sit upright.

If you are in Rio Del, CA, you are only 160 miles from Russell who is located in Shasta Lake, CA. Heck that is a breakfast ride to go get one made.

I had the opportunity to spend some time in the new seat yesterday and I think I may have found my long term solution for a comfortable seat for the Bandit. No discomfort at all in the course of a 100 mile ride and it works pretty good in the twisties too. Based on this it should be good for some long days. I think it is a keeper. :rider:

Not really a HiJack I believe. It is a Russell just like the OP's, but I have the touring seat. I wanted to sit upright.

If you are in Rio Del, CA, you are only 160 miles from Russell who is located in Shasta Lake, CA. Heck that is a breakfast ride to go get one made.

I didn't realize they are so close. Yes, breakfast it is. Thanks for info!

Looks nice. If the old lady didn't need the lowered corbin I'd be all over it. That thing is like sitting on a rock for my bony butt.

Back