• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SV no mo

Kidder

Reaction score
Well, it was with great reluctance that I sold my 2000 Candy Grand Blue SV 650. It was a hard decision. So, to alleviate my grief, I got this:

http://www.juddemerson.com/SV/vstrom.jpg

It had 0 miles showing on the odometer (0.2 on the tripmeter). It's a 2003 model, BTW.

Bike report upcoming...

Looks like great grief therapy to me . congrats on the new ride.

Ya know, at first, I REALLY didnt like the V-Strom......but, to be honest, it is growing on me in a big way, especially now that there is a 650 version, wonder how the ergo's compare to the bandit?? Let us know how you like it once you get the tires scrubbed in!
TR
EL Centro CA
(TX bound 4 weeks, 3 days, and counting)

Ergo comparison

Are you wanting to know the ergos as compared to a Bandit 1200S? Or, from the DL650 to the Bandit 600S? From what I understand, the ergos on the Bandits S models (600 and 1200) are the same and the nekkid models, as well. It also looks like the ergos on the DLs will be very similar.

My best friend has a Bandit 1200S. The DL sits quite a big higher and the distance to the footpegs is greater. The reach to the bars seems about the same although, I think the DLs are higher.

Howdy,

:tab Sweet looking ride! Now you gotta get down here for a ride so we can see it in the flesh and you can test it on the twisties ;-) I can't believe Chris "AggieVFR" Conrey brought his bud up to buy this bike. He did the same thing to the last bike we were seriously lusting after!! :-P Oh well... lot's more fish in the sea to dream about catching :dude:

Scott,
I had some good cars pass by to another buyer before I got my first because I hesitated a while before I got to check them out, so I jump when I spot something good. :mrgreen: And since I've brought another newbie into our wonderful hobby, I feel pretty good about it. Spreading the sickness, obsession, or whatever you want to call it. :wink:

Judd,

The new bike looks great! :-D Thanks again for everything. I seriously doubt Adolfo got any sleep over the weekend and even if he did, he was probably dreaming about the bike. He's a happy camper to say the least and I imagine if the weather holds out he may be doing some parking lot practice this evening. Jon loaned an old helmet to Adolfo so he can practice this week while he's waiting for his to arrive.

Thanks again! :bigokay:

Excellent

Chris (AggieVFR),

Glad to hear he's happy. Man, I had some serious seller's remorse watching my SV get hauled away. Well, I hope he enjoys it as much as I did. Thanks again for helping with the transaction.

Now, we all need to get together and ride! :mrgreen:

I was really eyeing the MultiStrada but I would rather have the V-Strom instead. I could do some nice upgrades with the extra $3000.

Multistrada

I like the Multistrada, too. The V-Strom has more power (HP and torque), but I really like the sportbike wheels/tires (17") and the suspension is better, as well. However, the seat on the Multistrada from every single article I've read is supposed to be a torture rack. It's good for about 100 miles before you have to get off of it. The Strom is quite comfortable, IMO and it's good for 200 miles without serious discomfort.

The only two upgrades I've done so far are a Givi rear rack/topbox and I just added a Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen which reduced helmet buffeting by quite a bit.

Back