• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outlaw Trax is a changing!

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
The trails at Outlaw Trax are being reversed this weekend. MSRA members will be at Outlaw this weekend (OCTOBER 15 & 16) changing the course direction. I had the chance to ride the trails in the new direction a couple of weekends ago with Treetagger and a few others. It was a very interesting ride, like a whole new facility.

Hope this "R" has hit the trails, it was getting a little sandy in spots. Trail maintenance has been stepped up over the past couple of weeks and the face slappers should be taken care of along with the direction arrows this weekend. Still a few trees down that sneak up on you, am I right Treetagger?

Last edited:
:tab We were out there this past weekend. It was SANDY. We were riding the ATV's though so it made power sliding through the corners pretty fun!! My upper body is SORE and STIFF now two days later... :-| It really is a nice facility, but I could do without all the cowpies :shock:

Tourmeister said:
:-| It really is a nice facility, but I could do without all the cowpies :shock:

That is the added local "flavor" :puke: just be sure to keep your mouth closed as much as possible.

The Iron Man (red arrow) Loop has been reversed along with the Blue Arrow Loop. The first quote below is from the post by XLR8 on the TON forum (or Medic911 on KTMTalk) and then quoted on KTMTalk. The second quote is my ride report on KTMTalk about the loop reversal and my thoughts on it so far.

The following was copied from KTMTalker, Medic911 on the TON-MSRA forum:

We are reversing the main H/S loop this weekend and I cut in the new start area today. The main loop will now begin just to the left of the first turn of the MX track and wind through the gully next to the road before heading back behind the mx track and eventually joining the existing trail system. This keeps riders off the drag strip when entering the woods, I noticed several near misses when riders ride WFO down the drag strip and we dont need anyone getting run over especially kids. The new entrance has some pretty steep and technicle off cambers and climbs I think will be fun but Im also making a blue spur around the more difficult section. This section is marked properly all the way to the first road crossing and I tore down all the arrows begining at the drag strip (old entrance to main loop) to the first road crossing. Please ride the new start area in while your out there before it grows back over. See yall at the park!

--------------------

The Hare Scamble Iron Man Red Loop (red arrowed main loop) and the Blue Loop have been reversed as of this weekend. Be sure and watch for the new directional arrows. Several miles of the loop have had hazards identified with orange marker paint but not all hazards are marked so use cause until you get used to the new direction of the loops. The MX tracks and kid's Hare Scramble loop have not been reversed.

Now with that said, the new set-up is great. I didn't get a chance to really ride the loop because I was marking the hazards but I did get to air it out a little during my time on the loop. It's like a whole new facility. I was concerned at first about how the trails would flow after the reversing but I'm here to tell you it is great. My son got to ride it with a grow of the faster riders and he says it is the best it has ever been. While doing the paint marking I was looking at the areas where they were pinning it coming out of the corners and couldn't believe some of the sites I was seeing, they were staying in the throttle longer (which was evident due to the ground they were churning up) in sections than I've ever seen before. Man this place really rips and I can't wait to ride it again.

Since I wasn't riding hard I got the chance to watch a couple of small herds of deer along the trails and actually had to wait for one big buck to get out of my way so I could mark one section. Even after he moved out of the way he just stood there and watch me. I crossed the creek and turned back to watch him some more. When I was getting ready to head on down the trail he moved back to the same spot he was in before.

If you haven't ridden Outlaw Trax recently, you are in for a heck of a ride the next time you are out there. Just remember for the first few weekends to be careful that you are going the right direction and watch out for any that may have gotten turned around and heading the wrong direction. The trails are well marked and shouldn't be a problem but you never know since this is the first time they have been reversed.

One last thing, that new start section is great! It is just what the Doctor ordered. :clap

I can hardly wait to get back out there for some more "seat" time. If you have ever thought about getting dirty in this area (North of Houston), you need to see about getting a membership. We have three different memberships available and the new membership year is beginning in a couple of weeks, November 1, 2005 to be exact. For those members of AMSA that are also here on TWT, be sure and come out for the MSRA/AMSA Fun Day Weekend. You will be getting a chance to ride what amounts to a totally new facility. Unfortunately, I have to work that weekend and will miss out on all the activities so y'all have enough fun for me too.

Awsome post. The track is sweeeet, Especially early in the morning. Another week or 2 the berms will be awsome. The sand is only bad if you think about it and hit the brakes. You dont need brakes, then you can end up like this guy- :shock:

What do you meen another week or 2 the berms will be awsome. They are awsome................................ :dude: :twisted:

Compaired to the trail before they were reversed

They could be better. I love those big ones right before the grass track. You can rip them up. So are you goin to skull creek, Its suppost to be sweeeet. A little bit of everything. Plus a huge sand up hill and a 80 ft. wicked descent.

Can't make it to the race but I have been there before. My dad didn't care to much for all the sand but over all a pretty cool place..... My avatar is a picture of us at Skull Creek.

Is this the Hill climb you were talkin about?!!

p10100434ip.jpg

p10100449yx.jpg

p10100456wb.jpg

I didn't atempt it because it was so huge!!!!! :angel:

Looks like one of those little garden spades would come in real handy right about now :lol:

Back