• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW Dirt W-end

Reaction score
We are heading out for another Muenster Trip this Saturday (10/15). Bikes are offloaded around 8AM, 1st ride at 8:30AM, last ride complete around 3PM, bring fluids. Parking is at below location, all welcome.

tsbadirtparking.jpg

Last edited:
Beep beep. Dirt ride is on for this Sat 10/29. Same place same time, I thought there were dirt riders in TWT :scratch

There are, just not a whole bunch. Probably more DS riders than pure dirt. I would not want to take the GS on anything like your current avatar :-P Right now I can only fantasize about having a real dirt bike ;-)

letsride said:
Beep beep. Dirt ride is on for this Sat 10/29. Same place same time, I thought there were dirt riders in TWT :scratch

Unfortunately, this dirt rider is without a dirt bike currently. :tears:

Hey Squidward I can hook you up witha 250 2 stroke motocrosser if you feel up to it.

Tourmeister said:
There are, just not a whole bunch. Probably more DS riders than pure dirt. I would not want to take the GS on anything like your current avatar :-P Right now I can only fantasize about having a real dirt bike ;-)

Howdy Scott long time! lemme know when planning to be in the Dallas area, we have some dirt bikes that youd definitely enjoy (more than the GS in the goat terrain). Looking forward to ride with you again, it was a blast in Ar.

Last edited:
letsride said:

Well, I'm one of those mostly dirt (and some dual sport) riders. I'm planning on a dirt ride here in Austin on Nov. 5th. It's at one of the Austin club (AMSA) leases and I get invite a few people on a guest pass if anyone is interested. I'm going with a friend and his dad. The dad is going to try riding again after not having ridden since my friend was a teenager. Plus my 12 year old daughter will be practicing with the clutch on her xr100. So there will be some beginner level riding going on. So don't let lack of dirt time disuade you from coming. It's a moderately good place to ride. Easy sections, medium and hard. You can only the easy sections if you want. And the hard section has a bypass too.

WoodButcher said:
Well, I'm one of those mostly dirt (and some dual sport) riders. I'm planning on a dirt ride here in Austin on Nov. 5th. It's at one of the Austin club (AMSA) leases and I get invite a few people on a guest pass if anyone is interested. I'm going with a friend and his dad. The dad is going to try riding again after not having ridden since my friend was a teenager. Plus my 12 year old daughter will be practicing with the clutch on her xr100. So there will be some beginner level riding going on. So don't let lack of dirt time disuade you from coming. It's a moderately good place to ride. Easy sections, medium and hard. You can only the easy sections if you want. And the hard section has a bypass too.

Man, now I'm wondering if I can tough it out all the way to Austin on the Sherpa... Hmmmm.
:scratch

Sleepy Weasel said:
Man, now I'm wondering if I can tough it out all the way to Austin on the Sherpa... Hmmmm.
:scratch

Lewisville is north of Dallas, right? You've got to have a tougher rear end then me to even consider riding it that far. I've done an hour continuous on the DRZ and it gets uncomfortable after the first 30 minutes.

Anyway, if you are serious and want to trailer or ride down on Friday, we have a twin bed in the guest room.

WoodButcher said:
Lewisville is north of Dallas, right? You've got to have a tougher rear end then me to even consider riding it that far. I've done an hour continuous on the DRZ and it gets uncomfortable after the first 30 minutes.

Anyway, if you are serious and want to trailer or ride down on Friday, we have a twin bed in the guest room.

That's the place... looks like about 3.5 hrs or so, plus rest/fuel stops. One of the nice things about the small tank on the Sherpa is the enforced breaks. I find it also helps my endurance to get a little time standing on the pegs from time to time. I may not be ready to take this bike that far just yet, but maybe in the spring. Trailering isn't an option at the moment unless somebody else from around here is making the trip, too. :lol:

Most of my trail riding is unstructured. Half the time I'm stuck in the Ft Worth area, and dont know my way around. So I wnder around in areas that have interesting geologic features, and look for a break in the fence.

I have found a pretty good one off buisness 287 on the south side. The trail head starts in an abandoned lot, with lots of large house hold appliances to dodge, then breaks into a power right of way. Winds around a little to a KLR bottoming creek crossing with nice steep banks to get in and out. The creek bed was dry last time , so I rode it, it's all big chunks of broken shale, like riding on dinner plates. Climb back out the other side and you will be in a series of trails from four wheel ATV use. They wind around all over the place to a set of railroad tracks then run beside the tracks to a junkyard/landfill. The junkyard is in Mansfield I think. Decent little ride though, and if you can follow the creekbed it will take you all over the place. Occaisionally you have to leave the creekbed due to water levels in the lower lying sections of the creek. Oh, and there are a suprisig amount of wrecked/stolen/burned/abandoned cars and trucks out there.....

Jason

We used to go 4x4 in that area until the city started ticketing on a couple of exit routes, but that place was around Irving. Try Muenster for offroad sometime, there are a gazzilion miles of trails of all difficulty levels in the 2500 acres. It is the best place for offroad fun around here by a huge margin.

letsride said:
Hey Squidward I can hook you up witha 250 2 stroke motocrosser if you feel up to it.
I would take you up on it if i wasn't still recovering from a little infection I got from a recent minor surgery.

fallendown said:
Oh, and there are a suprisig amount of wrecked/stolen/burned/abandoned cars and trucks out there.....

Not surprising at all... in fact, those cars are a big part of the reason the cops will bother to try and curb trespassing on properties like that.

Sleepy Weasel said:
Not surprising at all... in fact, those cars are a big part of the reason the cops will bother to try and curb trespassing on properties like that.

Thats why I love Texas! Vernon's Civil Stats! Any natural body of water, is considered public domain, riding through a creek bed that has public access is not a criminal offense, you may be cited, just take it and go on, go to the law library, find the staute, and show it to the judge. Then carry it with you . Besides, how on earth, would anyone know? I have never been cited for riding off road, I have been approached , asked for ID and such. But if signs are posted I obey them. If not, and the circumstances are right, fair game. You might be issued a criminal tresspass warning if signs are not posted, but it is a verbal warning from the local law enforcement . If you are found on that property again, you might go to jail. If I could have found anyone to ask about the property I would have. I'm not a total butthole. I work in some pretty remote areas, on a lot of ranches. Most of the landowners are happy to grant permission to me for a little exploring. One asked that before I got too carried away, to ride his fenceline and check for any breaks. Really NICE folks out there! The worst that can happen is they say no. Besides, I have a get out of jail free pass...... :nana

Hey Jason,

Where in Fort Worth are you? My husband and I ride KLRs, often with a little impromptu exploration like yourself, otherwise, your tires will never touch dirt in this area. We're fans of backroads, country roads and occasional trails.

Back