• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HAHAH so am I allowed to post in here?

I believe you belong here with the rest of the lunatics! Welcome and let's hear the story of you came to swap engines.

Not much of a story.... I liked the 750 but felt that the kat could benefit from more of a low end grunt. Then saw a guy parting out his 1200 and got what I needed. The best part was the mods it already came with.

SO here I am, I definitely feel that the 1200 should have been an option for this bike.

This was just after it went in...
IMG_20110304_112748.png

One thing I did find weird was the 750 oil cooler was MUCH larger then the one on the 1200....

I am hoping, after my other upgrades in the near future ( wider rear + swingarm, better brakes and suspension ) that I can get some head work done and get this punched out to a 1216.. that is my goal anyway. I am shooting for 150ish rwhp...

Impressive work. I was proud of myself when I changed the brake fluid and properly bled the lines...:giveup:

What am i not getting here.1200motor,yes owned one of them.

Kat frame ? To me that looks like a GSX750 (oz )whats Kat ?
Or do you call it a GSXKATANA750:eek2: or am i off track.
Either way your name is not Christian Barnard is it.

What am i not getting here.1200motor,yes owned one of them.

Kat frame ? To me that looks like a GSX750 (oz )whats Kat ?
Or do you call it a GSXKATANA750:eek2: or am i off track.
Either way your name is not Christian Barnard is it.

LOL no my name is not Christian :)

My bike was a 2004 Katana 750 ( GSX750F ) which I swapped motors. I put in a 99 Bandit 1200. I am now calling it a GSX12F. LOL my replacement stickers should be here next week :)

O.k. different name ,Gets confusing.That 1200 motor is a blinder .

IN OZ the new Faired 1250 is called the GSX1250FA

hey , you from KR as well ?
I have a 04 750 Kat and 06 B12:lol2:
Looked hard for just a B12 engine up here , and ended up with a complete bike:rofl:
My 750 is going to be for sale once it warms up

Back