• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Watch your 6.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
I just got back from the grocery on the CB. On the way over there was a Harley in front of me and a police car in front of him doing the speed limit. Behind me was a jacked up 4x4 Ford, the driver had a cell held to his ear with his left hand, a cigarette in his right hand, and he was reaching down to the middle of the dash as if punching buttons. Occasionally he would pick up something with his right hand and put it in his mouth, occasionally, bring a Sonic cup to his mouth and take a slurp through the straw. Maybe just a little distracted?

After about a mile of this I was getting nervous, but no place to go since traffic was backed up behind the police car. At the first light I rolled up beside the Harley (rude thing to do, I know) and told him watch the guy in the Ford because he was doing everything except watch where he was going.

When that light turned green, I managed to get over one lane and slowed a bit to make room for the Harley, just in case. Sure 'nuff, Bubba wasn't paying attention at the next light, but Mr. Harley was watching and pulled over in front of me. Bubba locked up the brakes, but not in time, leaving about 25 feet of skid before slamming into the police car.

Mr. Harley and I pulled in front of the police car and walked back to check on the LEO. He seemed to be okay, took our info, and sent us on our ways. Walking back to the bikes, Mr. Harley held up his fist for a bump and said, "Thanks, man, you saved my ***." I'm willing to bet he watches his 6 from now on.

Good on ya, Ken. We all need help keeping safe from nuts in cages.

good job! :thumb:
that would have been a terrible phone call for Mr. Harley's family

Sweet. Good for you. Tell him to buy a lotto ticket and split the proceeds with you. :mrgreen:

man, that's wrong on so many levels......the idiot in the truck, the LEO blocking traffic, the Harley rider not paying attention.

Wow...15 karma points Ken.

Not riding as much over winter as I would have liked, it's a good reminder to get back on my toes as I get used to riding on a daily basis again.

People say god does not have a sense of humor. I would have love to have seen the look on the trucker's face when the cop walked up to him. :eek2::rofl:

man, that's wrong on so many levels......the idiot in the truck, the LEO blocking traffic, the Harley rider not paying attention.

The LEO was driving the speed limit. No fault there. Mr. Harley could hardly have expected to have recognized Bubba's inattention as I was between them. I couldn't have seen that far back with sufficient detail in my mirrors. No fault there. In fact, what drew my hackles up was I kept hearing the turbo wind up and down as Bubba kept falling behind then trying to catch up then hitting the brakes to slow down--repeat 4 or 5 times in a mile and a half. It was my ears, not my eyes, that waved the red flag.

The LEO was driving the speed limit. No fault there. Mr. Harley could hardly have expected to have recognized Bubba's inattention as I was between them. I couldn't have seen that far back with sufficient detail in my mirrors. No fault there. In fact, what drew my hackles up was I kept hearing the turbo wind up and down as Bubba kept falling behind then trying to catch up then hitting the brakes to slow down--repeat 4 or 5 times in a mile and a half. It was my ears, not my eyes, that waved the red flag.

it's a good thing he was driving a diesel then. Had he been driving a gas engine, this post might read different

Where did this happen at??
University Drive, Martin TN
it's a good thing he was driving a diesel then. Had he been driving a gas engine, this post might read different
Naw, if it would have been a gasser he'd of had cheap 2-inch duals with 12-inch glasspacks like all the other Bubba brothers around here. After all, loud pipes save lives.

Naw, if it would have been a gasser he'd of had cheap 2-inch duals with 12-inch glasspacks like all the other Bubba brothers around here. After all, loud pipes save lives.

too true :rofl:

i guess loud pipes do save lives :lol2:

Wow! At times it's a real challenge to stay alive out there. Glad all is good for you guys and hope the yoyo in the pickup got a DUI. Maybe he wasn't under the influence but he deserves it.

Wow! At times it's a real challenge to stay alive out there. Glad all is good for you guys and hope the yoyo in the pickup got a DUI. Maybe he wasn't under the influence but he deserves it.

Driving under the influence of affluenza, maybe?

:rofl:

I think he was the big brother of the little bully in the other thread.

Back