• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New exhaust?

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Watson
Planning on purchasing a new muffler for the Concours14. I am debating between two different brands: Two Brothers, and Vance and Hines CSOne. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with either one? I am leaning more towards the V&H CSOne solely on the fact that I think it will look better on the bike and and can be purchased cheaper.

A few years ago I was trying to decide between the FJR and C14. One of the things that bothered me about the C14 was that barbque pit they hung on the right side. I spent a lot of time lurking on the C14 forums trying to get as much information about the bike as I could. They are great bikes IMO, just found a smoking deal on an FJR.

I knew if I purchased a C14 that a slip on would have to follow soon. But I also knew I would be using it for long rides and didn't look forward to all day drowning of an excessivly loud pipe.

The best solution I found IMO was done by one of the forum mebers over there. He purchased a complete pull off set of ZX14 pipes and adapted them to the C14. He had to use the head pipes from the C14 and cut them some where under the engine, grafted on part of the ZX colector and used the ZX mufflers.

I'm sure I over simplified the work he had to do but the results where out standing, looked like it should have came that way. Having said all of that the Two Brothers CF on my wifes FZ1 sure sounds good.:trust:

Edit: It is aparrently pretty comon mod now.
http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=83645.0 :oops:

Two of the guys I ride with have the Vance and Hines of their Connies. They sound real nice when they go flying by me in the upper revs and hard on the throttle.

For totally different reasons, I might suggest a Remus if you can find one, especially the carbon cans. Lifetime warranty and built like a tank as well as nice sounding. Just my 2 cents worth.

Larry
VFRrider

I have thought about the Remus. I just can't seem to find one. And I don't know much about them. The guys on the Connie forum are all raving about the Area P. Looking into all options since I am not on a timeline.

Thanks Skip, but I think I am wanting a little more noise. I like the going to dual idea, sans the fact that it makes the center stand worthless. right now I am still leaning towards the CSOne. It is a little louder but not obscene.

Back