• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Look what followed me home

Reaction score
New lighting equipment!! I really should not go to Arlington Camera when I am upset http://scottbromleyphotography.com/?p=116 but I have been thinking of changing up my lighting system to something I can do both studio and environmental shots.

Right now I have two set ups...photogenic monoblocks for studio work and then I use small flash for environmental stuff.

So I saw the price on these and their accessories and as part of "retail therapy" I snapped up two. Ultimately I will have four to use for studio work.

They are Cheetah lights, 400w/s, triggered by Pocket Wizards and very light (no worries Sharkey).

The battery packs are charging now...will play a bit with them tomorrow.

Lights, batteries and beauty dish:
1235498384_F3r5E-M.jpg

Big ol' Octa Softbox:
1235498320_tYtqV-M.jpg

1235498359_menLM-M.jpg

There is a fella from Arlington Camera who is thinking about buying my studio gear..if that deal falls apart I will be taking offers :lol2:

I am so sorry to read about Kendo, RIP. The loss of a partner and companion, you have my sincerest condolences.

The studio gear is awesome though. I bet that Octobox delivers very nicely.

Like the others, sorry to hear about Kendo. I think we all know how hard is.

Let us know how you like those lights. I've been battling myself over studio lights for quite some time now. Get them, or don't get them - and if I do get them which do I get! Too. Many. Options.

Thanks and I will. I will probably have some photogenic pl1250's for sale soon..along with assorted softboxes and other modifiers for them :trust:

So have you had a chance to play (...uh, 'therapy' session) with the new gear yet? Thoughts on it thus far?

Back