• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What's Your Best Mod

Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Floyd
Kinda thought I'd like to get everyone's idea on the BEST things they've done to their Bandits. I'll start it out, and I'll put them in order of what I like best. I haven't done a lot due to monetary and personal reasons)
#1 - Pulling the secondaries
#2 - Throttle lock
#3 - Taller windscreen (Skidmarx DoubleBubble)
#4 - Gearing change to 47tooth rear (rec 46 though, and doing the rear has a couple of advantages over changing the front to a 17)
#5 - Better tires (love the Michelin dual compound)
#6 - Speedhealer (esp. with the gear change)
#7 - Flush and bleed brakes..made a difference in feel
:rider:
Oh...and I really wanna thank you guys for turning me on to the DuPont Teflon lube and using it on the chain

The Stebel Nautilus Air Horn: "Don't leave home without it."
366284298.jpg

A renntec sport rack with a no-name top case on it. I don't know how I ever got along before I had my trunk. Oh yeah, I do remember. I just carried my gear with me all over school, and it sucked.

I'd have to go with the Alaskan sheepskin butt pad on the Corbin seat. Really made a lot of difference to long distance riders.

#1 - Pulling the secondaries + TFI
#2 - Full Race Tech front end with G2-R Gold valves and fork brace
#3 - Ohilns SU-714 rear shock
#4 - Dales 4-1 catless header W/ Yosh TRS
#5 - SS brake lines with Freodo HH pads
#2 - Taller windscreen (Skidmarx DoubleBubble)
#3 - Gearing change to 46tooth rear
#5 - Better tires (love the Michelin dual compound)
:rider:

not even the same bike. Turns faster and feels like a much more expensive bike in the corners.

Mark

The best mod I ever did was buy a bike with all the mods already done...

1 - Corbin seat
2 - Pulling Secondaries (as part of Stage II from Holeshot)
3 - HID lights
4 - Hand Guards

:thumb:

I've done a few mods, my "best" though might be to include:

1) Dropping a tooth on the counter-sprocket
2) Bending the factory handlebars forward to eliminate that wheelbarrow grip angle.
3) One inch hole in the lid of the air box and a slip-on muffler.
4) Fork brace !!!
5) Using Dyna Beads for balancing
6) Suzuki "touring (double bubble) screen" is MUCH better than the factory screen.

besides the Sergent seat I'd have to say the Engine guards with highway pegs - it makes those long rides home so much easier (and the short ones)

Givi Sidecases.

Use them every time I start the bike, commuting would be terrible without them, touring would be terrible without them.

trey

factory top case mounted.... I have used it so much and it comes in so handy.
best money I spent.

Corbin seat...miles of happy butt.

givi dark touring screen... works good for me.

Its my perfect commuting and touring bike, cannot find anything comparable for the price... love my bandit...

probably the hid lights.on second thought my luggage rack. wouldn't have a bike without one

worst mod was hacking off the rear fender-mudflap thingy. what was i thinking??

MY best mod...Turning the preload one click softer and softening the rebound a tad on the rear end....Couldn't believe what a difference that made for my 170 lbs...Flattened out the seating position from the slight stock stinkbug stance...Slow speed u turns are much easier, more stable taking off from a stop,less pitch and more stable under during braking, can touch the ground easier, bumps are much smoother, riding position is more comfortable...Nice free mod aside from the effort to turn the wrench.

Attachments

• Engine Guards with Pegs.jpg
    Engine Guards with Pegs.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 209
  • Engine Guards with Pegs supersized.jpg
    Engine Guards with Pegs supersized.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 205
Back