• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Naked

Tasi

Reaction score
Since you dont get the naked model ,here's mine.36,000 KLs 2009 model

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Looks nice. Really nice. Kinda reminds of my first Suzuki, one of the 70's GS Fours. But I get tired of the wind blast with no fairing at all. The half fairing is a big part of the reason I bought the Bandit.

I love naked bikes! I would buy this if they sold it here. My 01 sv650 was great, I would love to get a Bking or a Z1000

I did have a 1200s for ages.When i bought the 1250 i thought i may as well
try something differant. Its a warm climate here so i havnt missed it.Plus it slows me down a bit.

Looks nice. Really nice. Kinda reminds of my first Suzuki, one of the 70's GS Fours. But I get tired of the wind blast with no fairing at all. The half fairing is a big part of the reason I bought the Bandit.

Me also too on the no windshield or at least something to break the wind a little. Pictured below are two bikes I rebuilt in my more industrious days of the late '70's. An 870 Yosh kitted/29 smoothbores/lester wheels and a 521 Xt500 w/ norris tt2 cams, SR intake valve, 38 mikuni. Both really fun bikes in the day. I finally did the job of getting the Yosh Suzy so radical it was not fun to just putt about. ;-( Now, I just leave them engines stock and ride. :rider:

870Suzyand521XTYamaha.jpg

It does look big in the pics doesnt it. It measures 475 mm from outside
end caps,or 18 3\4 " . Is that the same as them all .?

That looks really nice! If the naked had come to the states I probably would have gotten that one.

It does look big in the pics doesnt it. It measures 475 mm from outside
end caps,or 18 3\4 " . Is that the same as them all .?

That's about what mine is. It's obviously the lack of the fairing that makes the radiator
appear wider on the naked models.

I love the look of the naked Bandits, I mean I REALLY love the looks, especially in silver and with a black engine. I could look at them all day. With that being said, my first bike didn't have any wind protection and it got old in a hurry.

I really like naked bikes.... and I'm looking forward to seeing the naked Honda 1000 here in the States.

Interestingly, I took my little Puig bikini fairing off the SV650 a few days ago. I really liked the way it looks without it; then I took it for a ride.... WOW, who woulda thought that a simple naked bike could be made to feel like a "Street Fighter"?!? In the warm weather it feels good to have the added air flow, but when the weather takes a turn for the cold again.... BACK the bikini fairing goes on!

I've learned to like the fixed fairing of my Bandit, my first like it was on my '03 FZ1. It takes the wind off my chest and makes logging on the miles easier, add a taller windscreen for the winter and VOILA! protection from the elements.
--- But I must say, that naked Bandit is a handsome understated work of art.....

Back