• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TJ's in Austin

JasonJ

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with TJ's in austin? they just gave me an out the door price $2000 more expensive than a shop in Dallas. Are they the equilavent of Woods Fun Center for ktm's?

trying to decide if i need to just walk away or put some time and effort in with them.

TJ's is a good family owned shop. They get very limited quantities of bikes it seems and have small inventories. The sell out early every year, therefore might not be as inclined to deal. What are you haggling on?

I haven't ever tried to buy a bike there but they had the best price on valve adjustment in town. 04 concours $175 .

I went in there looking for a helmet and was treated very well by a knowledegable young man. Nice to be treated well in Ausin these days.

well i have tried. i bounced a few emails around with Tom and then told him i would be in there today at 11 to talk to him. When i arrived they told me that he didnt show up until after 1 on fridays. guess he figured i either wasnt going to show up or that i'd be happy to stand around for a couple of hours.

back to the price, in their defense they quoted me a 2011 price and the cheaper dealership was quoting me for a 2010, which explains (partly) why they were so much higher.

i was looking to trade my strom in for a 690. after having a chat with the wife last night she didnt want me giving up the strom (and i was also reluctant to trade it) so we decided to keep it and just go ahead and get a 300xcw (which TJ's has listed on their website, but dont have in stock, sigh).

Munn doesnt have any in stock, but wildwest in Katy does, cross your fingers for me, apart from CTPS i dont seem to have much luck giving dealerships money in exchange for a bike.

Wild West may or may not want to negotiate. I think it depends on who you get and what kind of mood they're in. Let us know if you come to town. We're a whopping 5 minutes away.

i'd be happy just to get to a negotiating stage :). i'd actually be happy to pay full pop at wildwest, its a 2010 thats $1000 less than msrp of a 2011.

Spoke briefly on the phone with Moody and told him i would send an email as i am at work (which i did). waiting to hear back, i'll call tomorrow from home if i dont hear anything.

I know Moody but have never bought from him. He's their most senior sales guy. Good guy - knows bikes. Call him - he gives priority to walk-ins, then calls, then email last. Their supply stock is pretty decent and they welcome the AMA 10% discount, though you have to ask for it. Decent stock of gear and supplies, though not as good as a stand alone shop or Honda of Houston.

Back