• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greatest Roads app

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Watson
So about a week ago I down loaded through the app store an app for my iPhone called "Greatest Roads". This app has a lot of potential. For about two bucks you can review other riders routes and make comments as well as add some of your own. The problem is that it has a limited number of people on there now putting up good routes. I have posted about five in my area, but even the ones that I see from other posters are pretty much lite rides or short trips. It is nice to have when you are on a trip and would like some in put on a detour.

Not sure of the availability for other phones. And I'm not really plugging the software, just thought I would let y'all know there is something out there. I know many of you have most all the roads programmed into your GPS' already, but it is kinda cool to see how others may have changed it up.

Currently FREE on iTunes. Can't beat it for the price :)

Android please!

surrender.gif

free tethering, GPS/topo location routing, real-time traffic updates, lost phone locator and other goodies are things I can't live without.

The Android Marketplace is a little wild compared to the iPhone apps market. There have been several malware applications hiding under the guise of a well-known program.

RB

so I downloaded Greatest Roads App

the interface is super slick you can create a route on the phone with the google map back ground with up to 23 way points

you can save your routes and see other routes and rate them, and check a box for dual sport routes

it is supposed to load the route on the google app for navigation but I cant get that to work, they say they are working on exporting to other iphone apps like Nagvigon so you can have turn by turn and full GPS features

if only you could download to a Garmin unit directly, but you can email to your computer, it gives a link for google maps and a link that generates a gpx file, I opened in Basecamp and the way points transferred, right now I dont have a routable Basecamp map since Garmin is not kind enough to provide one; but the route transferred to a 60csx and it looks good

Back