• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headers?

Reaction score
I installed the Leo Vince Titanium slip-on on my 09B1250SA and really like the look, but the sound is simply too quiet. I have decided that for the money, the best next step is likely going to be to replace the stock header/collector with a non-plugged aftermarket unit. So far I have found Dale's and the Arrow unit here
min_3621_Suzuki%20GSF%201250%20Bandit%2007-09.jpg

I know a lot of people point towards Dale's system which is beautiful, but I want to install the Wideband O2 sensor from the PCV Autotune system and Dale's would have to be drilled. The Arrow is pre-drilled for an O2 sensor. Does anyone know of any other choices for collectors or headers only??

Attachments

• min_3621_Suzuki%20GSF%201250%20Bandit%2007-09.jpg
    min_3621_Suzuki%20GSF%201250%20Bandit%2007-09.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 131
Only other one I know of is Akrapovic but thats a complete system including muffler. Not sure about the O2 bung.

You can buy stainless bungs to have welded in and it won't cost you much. Just a bit of a hassle. Make sure you find a place that has stainless wire/rod if you go that route.

I took a can off my Aprillia which was LOUD. On the Banbit it was quiet.
So its not your can thats quiet ,its more like the cat. that makes it that way.
In fact if you start the the Bandit up with no pipe its still not LOUD.
I'm not sure how your can is made but this mod on mine gave it a louder note . It works buy cutting that little pipe shorter .(if you have one )
Not as nice as new headers but costs $0
IMG_1799.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, but if Im going to do anything more to the exhaust its going to be removing the Cat....adding all the aftermarket slip-ons in the world do nothing if the exhaust is still plugged up with that muzzle.

I don't have any info here...But....I can't wait to here your report on how the auto tune works when you finish your mods!:sun:

Running a factory header with the CAT' cut completely away......
- and -
a MIVV X-Cone slip-on with a HUGE exhaust outlet
- in fact -
it spits flames at night when I down-shift (!!).

And yet the overall effect has not seemed to make the bike (too) "loud" (?!?).
Granted, when I'm outa town and rapping it up toward red-line, it barks; but it still baffles me (not the exhaust...) how such an open system and 1255 cc's can be as quiet as it is.
Go figure.....

Back