• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kawaski KLX 250 thread.

The bike will wake up once you put a dyno kit on it and the FMF. However, I'd wait until you've broken the engine until you put the mods on.

Thanks Alex, I thought about waiting until it was broken in but decided to move forward now with the Q4, the DJ kit and removing the snorkel. When I got over 45mph yesterday, I couldn't hear the engine due to the wind noise and I don't know this bike well enough to go by vibration or taking my eyes off the rode to read the tach to know where I was RPM wise.

GARY by the time ya wear those tire's out yer bike should be broken in.. i would think.?? i also use to ride a hodaka :clap:...enjoy dude.:dude:also that's a corn cob pipe AGMAN'S smokin cherry tabbaco..this aint SO-CAL..:rofl:.......

I had a 69 ACE 90 bored to a 100 with the toaster tank. :trust:

My Q4 just showed up and I'm impressed with the quality. :clap: I don't know what the stock pipe weighs yet, but this one weighs 6lbs. I may order the Power Bomb since there was a mix up on my order for the DJ jetting kit. I don't expect it until next week and I don't plan on installing the Q4 until I get the jetting kit anyway.
1249860230_qXL98-L.jpg

My Q4 just showed up and I'm impressed with the quality. :clap: I don't know what the stock pipe weighs yet, but this one weighs 6lbs. I may order the Power Bomb since there was a mix up on my order for the DJ jetting kit. I don't expect it until next week and I don't plan on installing the Q4 until I get the jetting kit anyway.
1249860230_qXL98-L.jpg

Its a little tricky putting the pipe on. You may need a rubber mallet to bang it into place.

Its a little tricky putting the pipe on. You may need a rubber mallet to bang it into place.

Gotcha Alex. :clap: I have one at work. Should I use red high temp Permatex between the slip on and the header pipe?

BTW, I just ordered a Mega Bomb to go with it.:duck:

Gotcha Alex. :clap: I have one at work. Should I use red high temp Permatex between the slip on and the header pipe?

BTW, I just ordered a Mega Bomb to go with it.:duck:

I used a High Temp Silicone that I bought from Auto Zone. If the Permatex is like Silicone, I guess it'd work.

BTW, I have the Mega Bomb too! :mrgreen:

Question for all KLX owners that did the jetting kit, airbox mods, and FMF system, what is the seat-of-the-pants feel for performance gains? I have not ridden a modified KLX.

Also, ask for direction finding the proper jetting kit for my 07. I don't think I saw kit listed for an 07 on the Dynojet site. Perhaps another year's kit works? Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got some more farkles in. I have no idea how I ended with blue bars but Ill give it a try. The red, white and blue might work. :rider:
1251096345_JZyWH-L.jpg

Hey Gary, you're gonna have a wild ride if ya keep this up!!:trust: Found this thread over on TT...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714504

Whatta you Honda guys know? :rofl::mrgreen::eek2: :lol2:

j/k. :-P

I read it at least 12 times, as well as every DRZ thread, Yamaha, KTM, XR and Honda Mini Trail 50 thread for the last 10 years. I can't explain why it too me this long to actually pull the trigger and buy a bike.

My guess is I had a lot of experience and have a healthy respect for motorcycles and the dangers involved especially when cages are involved. Truth be told, I am scared on a bike. :doh: And I hope to keep it that way!

A cocky man on a motorcycle is known as an organ donor.

I just purchased a used 2007 model and just got the tags and insurance taken care of. Its the very first Kawa I've owned. Mine only has 1300 miles on it and still orginal tires. My first impressions are a nice riding quarter liter DS bike with soft power. I like the fact it weighs far less than my DR650. I'm interested in the most basic of uncorking it like the jetting kit, basic airbox mods, and this time maybe an aftermarket exhaust. I realize a 250cc bike won't pull your arms off but I think there is a bit more there. One thing that I see immediately that I don't like is that the lower handlebar clamps are cast directly into the time of the fork clamp making it impossible to use risers. (Unless there are some out there I don't know about). I guess I'll have to buy higher bars. I'm have to do something about my forks and rear suspension. I didn't realize the bike was so softly sprung.The previous owner was a large man(taller and bigger than my 5'8", 215) and he had the preload maxed out. The rear is way too soft for me. Anyway, looking forward to sharing ideas and solutions.
http://www.bikebandit.com/powermadd-universal-475-motorcycle-handlebar-risers

gary,whats up? want to do some riding this weekend? me and bigman hit PI last weekend for a hour or so and had a blast. my new rear tire will be here thursday and mounted in the evening. gonna ride something.

gary,whats up? want to do some riding this weekend? me and bigman hit PI last weekend for a hour or so and had a blast. my new rear tire will be here thursday and mounted in the evening. gonna ride something.

Sup bro?

I was just swapping e mails with my Daughter and am thinking about renting a beach house very soon down at Surfside. Ill PM you when that comes a reality.

This weekend will be spent on adding the farkles and doing the usual thing with new bikes like checking if the front wheel will fall off due to that 19 year old kid that built my bike.:giveup: :eek2:

Next weekend, I'm thinking heading down your way cept a little west and camping out. Duct taping a my rod on the bike and all. :trust:

SLP Saturday?

Sup bro?

I was just swapping e mails with my Daughter and am thinking about renting a beach house very soon down at Surfside. Ill PM you when that comes a reality.

This weekend will be spent on adding the farkles and doing the usual thing with new bikes like checking if the front wheel will fall off due to that 19 year old kid that built my bike.:giveup: :eek2:

Next weekend, I'm thinking heading down your way cept a little west and camping out. Duct taping a my rod on the bike and all. :trust:

SLP Saturday?
let me know. im game for a ride out to slp. bolt you some rod holders on that sucker. i was telling the wife i was going to do that. i can see it now.

Back