• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Russell day long review

Reaction score
Hello All,

Russell day long review - 2008 Bandit 1250

wanted to post this as soon as possible so maybe it won't be too late to get your seat done for this season if you were on the fence.

I have spent thousands on seats for my previous bikes. Yamaha Gel($350) on my FJR, Kawi low gel ($400)on C-14 and Suzuki Gel($260) on the 1250 - have also had corbin and Sargent on different bikes.

i was always apprehensive about spending $600 bucks on 1 seat when I couldn't be 100% sure.

Well I know each A** is different - but both my wife an I agree - wish we would have done it sooner. We have never been on the bike for more than an hour before numb bum crept in and we had to get off for a while. On the first day of the Russell - we rode for several hours and could have gone longer. They say it won't even be at its best for about 1000 miles. If that is true I will be in a** heaven.
My wife has also noticed it helps smooth out sharp bumps quite a bit. as far as comfort it is a home run. It will take a little longer to get 100% used to the wings. and it is a bit taller than stock( which they say will get a bit better with some miles) still could present a problem for the vertically challenged.

I'm only 29" inseam - I lowered the bike with links previously and am no longer flat footed - but it is worth it to me. I would not recommend an inexperience rider to be less than flat footed on any bike.

Also the higher seat really does necessitate bar risers. I already raised my bars 3" and have a different higher bar with a better bend.

A Russell day long will be the 1st purchase I make for all me future bikes.

Total cost with freight was $680
seat was 595 - you could save about $30 setting up return freight on your own. They charged $50.
The scheduled date was about 1 month out and I was without the seat for less than 2 weeks.

ease suffering please spay or neuter your pets

Back