• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What's your WORST Mod?

Reaction score
We have this thread for best mods: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57744

But what do you wish you hadn't done, or feel was a waste of money, or would advise others not to do?

In my case, I think it's the airbox mod that's part of the Holeshot stage II upgrade. It's just really, really noisy, and it directs all that noise straight at the rider.

Taking a hint from MetrickMetal (who, naturally, ended up with a much neater looking solution), I got another airbox lid and cut out only the end where the snorkel was located. This should get considerably more air in than stock, but with the intake noise directed away from me, instead of toward me.

Looking at the airbox some more, it occurred to me there's another area I could open up that's not directed at me: the sides. So here's my new airbox lid. I DID clean up all the flashing and smooth the edges with a file before installing it.

airbox1.jpg

airbox2.jpg

I don't detect any difference in performance, and it's much quieter, at least from where I sit.

Obviously not a Bandit, but I got my rear sets and fasteners powdercoated black to match the rest of my former bike and they looked great. The regret is that I didn't make it clear to the powdercoater not to powder the threads. What a pain that was reassembling...

3586143304_b44b3d61f1_b.jpg

Obviously not a Bandit, but I got my rear sets and fasteners powdercoated black to match the rest of my former bike and they looked great. The regret is that I didn't make it clear to the powdercoater not to powder the threads. What a pain that was reassembling...

That just means you need a new powdercoater because he's a moron and too lazy to mask the threads. He should have fixed it, not you.

That just means you need a new powdercoater because he's a moron and too lazy to mask the threads. He should have fixed it, not you.

Yeah. I figured it would go without saying, but it was really cheap (learned why) so I didn't gripe too much. Otherwise the work was top notch.

Everybody going to disagree with me but i can only call it as i felt it .

K @ N filter .(flat spot at 4 ,)

CAn i have two. Putting paintstripper on a nylon ,plastic screen. I'm melting.

close call between hacking off my rear fender and gouging my clearcoat scraping the sticker off the tank

You know the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...Sometimes you don't know it ain't broke till ya tried to fix it and it was worse than before.

Cheap Diablos on sale @ Cycle Gear......
not only didn't they last, but when I thought I had one more day outa them, I soon discovered cord showing around the entire tire mid-ride!?!?!

And I'm ashamed to admit to not bothering with hard-wiring my GPS line-in. Instead I zip-tied my cig' lighter dealy to the frame and plugged it into my battery tender SAE. It lasted for several months with lots of cleaning in between; eventually something in the cord gave up the ghost. I don't know if I should claim being cheap, scared to hard-wire, or just plain lazy..... or all threee.

Back