• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Horn .......

Tasi

Reaction score
Tell me this isnt better and mean it ,;-)
Before
IMG_2036.jpg

after
IMG_2038.jpg

Unless you can stick that OEM horn inside the car you're trying to get to notice you, it doesn't really matter where you mount it. It's just not loud enough to do anything.

Stebel's are fine (I have one), but you can get a loud horn for a lot less. Just go by any auto salvage yard and get the horns off an old Cadillac or Buick.

THere a bit hard to find in OZ.;-)

It might be just me but i'll be thinking how do i get out of this rather than where's the horn button .Which is the opposite way round on my
Aprillia so at best i'll get a flashing indercator .

No offense, but the stock horn is pretty anemic, and I can yell louder than it.

I removed the stock horn and installed a Fiamm high note Freeway Blaster, and while not quite as loud as a stebel, it's pretty **** loud, and has never failed to get the attention of drivers, even at 80+ mph on the freeway.

I mounted it on the left side of the frame facing forward where the charcoal canister was located with a custom bracket I made, and you can't even see. You can get them for about $18. I plan at some point to mount another one, possibly the low note version one over on the left side of the frame inside the cowling.

Fiamm sells horns all over the world, so I'm sure that there easily available pretty much anywhere.

http://www.fiamm.com/HORNS-E-Freeway-Blaster-High-Note-Country-USA-typeLBU84L117A127-Prod-957-561

big_prodotto_72002_FIM_AM80_alt1_small.jpg

if I could have (easily) fit a stebel on my fjr that's what I'd have.

ended up with 2 piaa that fit in quite well where the 2 stocks were. But if I had room, stebel in heart beat. I've wired them up before too, it's really not that hard.

the piaa's on the feej: they are quite loud and no relay needed.

horns.jpg

Last edited:
Back