• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What kind of Jacket should I buy???

Reaction score
OK, here i go, as the title says, my dilemma is about a **** jacket, how can buying something like that is so hard?? so many choices.

Sometimes I think my life started with the internet, I do everything with it, paying bill,s buying stuff (Ebay, looking your way), making friends, but buy motorcycle gear?? like, say, jackets, boots, pants?? Sure, i see lots and lotsa tasty things at good prices, but how do I know if it fits?? It's there any motorcycle gear super/mega/ultra store around?? Some place where i can actually try these stuff??.

All this started when I decided to get really serious about riding, year round( I ride 70 miles round trip to work), at first it was just the bug, first with my 82 Kawi 550 LTD, then the Bandit, and now the CBD 600 F2, wich I love, but now it's not just a bug, it's a full blown disease! So I need proper gear, excluding the helmet, and the pants, I'm thinking about those denim ones with Kevlar, but can anyone help me with choosing a jacket? im almost 6 feet, 160 lbs, long arms (thats why i'm leery about buying it off the net)

Also, maybe if anyone has a good used jacket, let me know!!

P.D. If this tread seems a little,er..convoluted, let me know, maybe I need to work in my writing.. :lol:

If your ever up in Dallas, Moto Liberty has a great selection of jackets. You can also visit them on the web at motoliberty.com.

You could give Cycle Gear a try. They have two locations in the Houston area. www.cyclegear.com.

Good luck.

Pete

I've purchased riding pants and a jacket from http://www.newenough.com/ with good results. The folks who run New Enough are very aware of sizing issues and will be happy to talk with you on the phone and give you some tips on how specific apparel fits before you make a purchase. Their return and exchange policy is reasonable too.

I'd say ride over to the closest shop with gear and try stuff on. Conroe has a good dealer (I believe it's called Cycle Shop North. It's on Frasier.) and there are lots of stocking dealers in Houston. Once you get your correct size and the one you want it's a snap to order it off the net.

I'm kind of hard to fit also. I don't buy anything without trying it on.

My last trip to Conroe I ended up buying there because they had it as cheap as anyone else did. Plus I got instant gratification. :chug:

I second newenough.com. Don't let the name fool you, most of their items are brand new. Call and talk or send an e-mail. Don't just order online. Tell them what you are looking for and your physical size. The owner will stear you in the right direction. Plus their prices are great.

i have to go with newenough. they just rock. had a prblem with the last jacket i got (too small) she had my new on int eh mail before i had the small one back to them. there customer service just rocks. (which is a big + in my book.) and its hard to beat there $$$

Although I have not bought from MotoXoutlet yet, their prices seem consistently better than newenough.com or any of the other sites I have seen. But customer service does go a long way in my book.

http://www.motoxoutlet.com

Back