• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #55: Old Tools (ENTRY)

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Use this thread for posting your single entry for Assignment #55 > Old Tools.

Camera phones, p&s/DSLR's, or even film.... all shooters are welcome. For this assignment, use as much creativity and post-processing techniques as you wish. All FORUM posting rules apply.

[mod edit/insert from Assignment thread]
On this one, if you have a bike in there cool, if not, cool too. It will not be a plus or minus. Also, : Knock yourself out on post processing if you want. I will look at them all. But, I'll give you a hint on what I like the most. Old tools in a natural setting ( hand tools,tractors, implements, guns, etc. )
[/mod edit/insert from Assignment thread]

Your photographic creation has to have been taken between April 28 & Midnight May12, 2011.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted.

Photographs should stand on their own , paying close attention to creativity, proper focus, composition, exposure, lighting, depth of field and so forth.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until midnight, May 12, 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
P1180184.jpg

My favorite 20 year old tool!

Voni
sMiling

Voni , Love the old K75's and think it was one of the best bikes BMW every built.

Bwade , Wow on the old Hondas just left in the barnyard to die away. Love the setting.

Bastropjoel, Man that is some old machinery. Reminds me of places I've been where there was a master drive with the belts running from it to different machines in the shop. But, there is not enough of it there to figure out what it's purpose was in the shop. Love the lay out.

Tracker, What a great shot of the old manual grinding wheel with it's chip marks present, the lumber trimming tool and wood dressing files. And in old Browntones. Great shot.

Paul, I was first looking at that thing in Voni's shot , wondering what in the world it was doing. Your shot had me sitting here figuring out the mechanics and design of it for about 15 or so minutes. Love the straps holding the old blades in pitch. The main drive shaft leading to the intermediate shaft driving the generator. Even looks like a grease zert with line attached to grease bearings. Great backgound to bring out all the mechanics of it.

M38A1, What a beautiful picture of the really old camera. I remember seeing cameras like this showcased at an old Photo Shop where I helped and learned to develop a bit way back in the late '60's. Your composure is great with super definition.

All had great pictures but Paul's shot of that old wind generator was the one that kept my old mechanic's attention the most as per figuring out it's visible mechanical functions. And, the one I kept going back to to marvel at the most.

Paul, You got it for this segment. Thanks all for posting pictures.

Thank you.

The stars aligned for that shot. The stark blue sky and angle of the Sun just highlighted the rusty patina on that old wind generator. I liked it as soon as I saw it.

We are once again on-the-road - at daughter's and grandsons' at the moment. I need to consult Noah and Brody first, but will announce the new topic soon. I have found it amazing that the boys, now 8 and 10 are interested in this photo contest. Noah called us in Texas from Iowa once a month or so ago just to ask "what is the photo contest topic now". Love it!

It's in our front yard. Yard Art now, but in the past it supplied electricity for the adobe we live in. It might again, but would require major work.

I do believe this is the best group of photos we've had in awhile. Tough choices!

Voni
sMiling

Nice shots, everyone. I look forward to the next assignment.

Back