• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The neatest farkle ever

Reaction score
For you FZ1 riders, here's the best farkle I think I've ever seen..

It replaces your gas guage on the FZ1 with digital wonder. It shows you the following.

What gear your in.
Water temp
Ambient air temp
Fuel level in gallons
Current speed
Battery Voltage
Max speed

And it has a built in speedometer correcter to correct the speed displayed on the bikes stock speedo as well, with ability to adjust for any setup to make your speedometer correct.

mga54.jpg

It has 13 display modes.

mgamodes.jpg

Some engineer in Germany makes em as a hobby, I think this guy could have a real nice business if he made these for a few popular bikes.

Kinda pricey at ~$300 but mine is on the way now. :)

You can find em over at yamahafz1oa.com in the parts and gear section.

I saw that on the FZ1OA site, but don't think my electronics skills are up to the installation. The best instumentation I have ever had was the SV650. With the Zero Gravity windscreen I added and a slip-on pipe sometime in the future, I'm gonna call it good.

Wow, that is really cool. Extremely useful. And you're right, he could sell a pile of them if he'd make them for some other bikes. I'll bet the install is a **** though.

Man, that looks really cool. One of the most useful farkles for sure. Would definitely be something I'd look at installing on a next bike if it were made for the model.

Back