• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My new ride

ABP

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Weber
Picked up a 2011 V rod Muscle today. I love the bike but I am not happy with the shady dealer. Dang finance guy stuck a wheel and tire care on the contract for $771 that I did not see till I got home. He tried to get me to sign for a warranty without telling me it was an extended one that cost $1500. I caught that but missed the other $771 in the fine print. (Adam Smith's Texas Harley)

Attachments

• Muscle Left.jpg
    Muscle Left.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Muscle Right.jpg
    Muscle Right.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 252
Looks beautiful! Sorry about the crappy dealer :( A few miles from now, it will all be a faint, bad memory.

Enjoy!

Looks beautiful! Sorry about the crappy dealer :( A few miles from now, it will all be a faint, bad memory.

Enjoy!

Thanks! The GM and I will have a talk on Monday and see if they are willing to make this right.

Every month or so just drive a screw into the rear tire and bring it in to them. New tires for life......

I hope they do. I know they need to make some money to keep their doors open but doing it by being sneaky and underhanded will definitely cost them a whole lot in the long run.

Nice bike. My Dad has a vrod that thing is a blast to ride.

I hope they do. I know they need to make some money to keep their doors open but doing it by being sneaky and underhanded will definitely cost them a whole lot in the long run.

I'm all for a business making a profit. I paid full MSRP plus freight and prep. I even ordered a windshield through them for $50 more than I found it online. I was supposed to order exhaust on Monday but I don't think I'll be doing that.

I was supposed to order exhaust on Monday but I don't think I'll be doing that.

I don't blame you one bit. I hope they do the right thing.

Now if it would just stop raining and hailing, you could get out there and play!:rider:

warranties and such are often 3d party products that could be canceled.

At this point I'm pretty optimistic that they will remove it. I'm just pissed that he snuck it on there. Heck all I did was pay for it. I did not get any kind of paperwork to show I have it. I doubt I could use it.

Every month or so just drive a screw into the rear tire and bring it in to them. New tires for life......

Bill,

The problem with that is they "sold" me it with no paper work other than an added line towards the bottom of the sale contract. I am sure to use the wheel tire crap I would need some paper work for it. I only financed part of the bike so I could have it for my trip to Arkansas this weekend. I will pay off the rest this month, so the "extra $771" really pisses me off.
The gave me a "free" shirt because I purchased a motorcycle. I will be handing that back with the contract. Even after they fix this I will never wear a shirt that advertises their store. Let's face it once a crook always a crook. They will continue this shady practice as long as they can.

Dang finance guy stuck a wheel and tire care on the contract for $771 that I did not see till I got home. He tried to get me to sign for a warranty without telling me it was an extended one that cost $1500. I caught that but missed the other $771 in the fine print. (Adam Smith's Texas Harley)

Call the Better Business Bureau and report them. Nice bike, BTW. :thumb:

3rd party warranties usually are mailed a few weeks later. As stated, it can probably be cancelled.

I have one of those warranties and it's been a **** every time since the dealer never sent the paperwork in BUT, my dealer stood behind their mistake .........I've had 4 tires and 2 complete rims replaced by them so far and still have 2 months left.

+2, those tires are expensive, after a few replacements they might think twice about adding that to another. :)

Mark

p.s. that is a cool ride as well.

They said they will send a check to the lender for the $771. When I picked the motorcycle up on Saturday I noticed some blade stuff on the rear fender. I pointed out to the sales guy and my buddy. My buddy rubbed it with his finger and said I think it's just grease (because it smeared). Well it rained Sunday and Monday, so I took the bike out yesterday and when I got to my first stop I noticed the spots on the fender in the sun light. Turns out they are chips that the friggin dealer touched up. I guess they did this right before they delivered the bike to me. Since the touch up was wet when my buddy touch it. I strongly recommend people stay away from Adam Smith's Texas Harley in Bedford. I know it's my faults for excepting it but **** they knew it had damage and tried to hide it!

Another dealership owned by the same group is Adam Smith's Texoma Harley in Sherman....the Smith family owns several of the DFW shops...

Just an update. Still fighting with them for a refund. Basically evertime I ask it's in the mail and should show up any day. A complete bunch of crap. My brother in law purchased a new street glide from Harley of Corinth. A far better experience.

Ive been in that certain dealership.....never really been treated well.....if i am looking to purchase a Harley, ill go to Longhorn Harley in Grand Prairie. Those guys are awesome!! And dont mind standing there shootin the crap with ya. Sorry bout your bad experience thou.

Chris

Ive been in that certain dealership.....never really been treated well.....if i am looking to purchase a Harley, ill go to Longhorn Harley in Grand Prairie. Those guys are awesome!! And dont mind standing there shootin the crap with ya. Sorry bout your bad experience thou.

Chris

The guys in Corinth are great as well. My brother in-law bought a 2011 Electra Glide from them. We were in there for parts for mine and the guy came out shooting the ****. He hands my brother in-law the keys to one and says take it for a spin. It worked. Lol

Back