• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Modifing Scala G4 Headset

TomN

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Neimeyer
Has anybody ever changed the speakers on their headset? I think the speakers that came with the G4 are "not so good" and I would like to replace them with something better. I found a video of a guy replacing his Q2 speakers, the G4 should be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZn_oCHVS4

If I mess up, a new base unit with boom and speakers is $50 and if it is a success, it will be great.

Cheers, Tom

If you do find a way, please post it here. I have the Q2 system and since I traded the Harley for a BMW, I can hear the speakers again ;)

I have modified both pairs of my Q2's and G4's to accept a female 1/8" plug to accept earphones. The G4's are way easier to mod and have room internally to have a flush mount female plug. The Q2's you have to mess with the ultra-fine coated wires and is sort of a pain but it can be done. Pictures of the mod for both are on the internet.

I have found that ear buds also help block out road noise but I have placed some bigger over the ear head phones in my helmet (more bass) and only had to dig out a little styrofoam in the helmet for a perfect fit. This is night and day different between the stock scala rider speakers.

You may need a boosteroo amp to give it a bit more audio punch.

You will be pleased.

Steve

Back