PDA

View Full Version : Got New Clothes!

wonder91178
10-26-2005, 01:23 PM
It so happens that Mark (igo-wfo)'s wife and I are the same size and was able to snatch some leathers from him...they're in great shape and I have already done my share of squeaking in them in the garage sitting on my bike while him and Squidward chatted.

I feel like a Power Ranger now, woot!

I've already asked for some custom 12 inch knee pucks so I can drag knee Kim-style :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/wonder91178/Kim/DSCF0012.jpg

Kim

10-95
10-26-2005, 07:33 PM
New leather stuff is too cool. So can we assume you'll be sitting in front of the TV eating popcorn in your new leathers??? Just to break them in to you of course......

I remember when I got my first motor boots (the Nazi looking ones). You can only wear them a short time when new and you have to break them in, so I was wearing them around my house when we lived in the country. The thing is, I was off work for a while and I was sitting around in my underwear with these boots on. I wandered outside just for a minute and I hear "click". The wife had snuck up on me and snapped about 3 pics before I could grab the camera! Somehow those pics have disappeared. :shrug:

Squeaky
10-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Cool duds! Do they keep you warmer in the winter too, or are they just for the protection/cool factor?

wonder91178
10-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Cool duds! Do they keep you warmer in the winter too, or are they just for the protection/cool factor?

They'll just be for the protection/cool factor....although I haven't tested them in the cold yet...I was thinking about maybe trying that out riding to work, I can imagine the comments I would get walking into the office though! LOL

I have the JR Alter Ego for the cold, but apparently the jacket and pants were so popular, they are backordered until mid/late November....and I need the pants!! :headbang:

Kim

sharkey
10-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I have the JR Alter Ego for the cold, but apparently the jacket and pants were so popular, they are backordered until mid/late November....and I need the pants!! :headbang:
Kim

A true motorcyclists would ride w/o pants and just let the engine warm you up until the pants were in stock. :bigokay:
Now THAT would get you some curious looks in the office.

wonder91178
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
A true motorcyclists would ride w/o pants and just let the engine warm you up until the pants were in stock. :bigokay:
Now THAT would get you some curious looks in the office.

WITHOUT PANTS?? Hahahaha...LOL!

I braved the cold w/ jeans on, it was below 40 one morning too...man, that was frickin' cold!!

Kim

Squeaky
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I braved the cold w/ jeans on, it was below 40 one morning too...man, that was frickin' cold!!

Yeah, the wind goes right through a pair of jeans. When the temps get down there (like the January Hico Pice Run), I layer leggings, then jeans, then a pair of fleece PJ pants, then my riding pants. The layers make me look like the Michelin Man, but I stay pretty warm. Just be careful when you try to pull your leg back over the bike... :roll:

wonder91178
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah, the wind goes right through a pair of jeans. When the temps get down there (like the January Hico Pice Run), I layer leggings, then jeans, then a pair of fleece PJ pants, then my riding pants. The layers make me look like the Michelin Man, but I stay pretty warm. Just be careful when you try to pull your leg back over the bike... :roll:

Haha! I told Squidward he looked like the Stay Puff Marshmallow man in his new Highland suit :mrgreen:

Kim

Cadaver
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
I commute about 10 min. to work in scrubs. I wear a jacket, gloves and boots, but the scrub pants are like not wearing anything when it gets cold. Jeans feel down right insulated in comparison. It takes at least 30 min. before the "boys" drop. :shock:

Steve

wonder91178
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
It takes at least 30 min. before the "boys" drop. :shock:

Steve

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kim

mary111
10-29-2005, 09:54 PM
I have problems with riding pants that are too short because I'm 5' 8' (size 4 or 6 in women's jeans). :help: Seems like everything that fits around is too short (I'm long legged). That is a beautiful set of leathers you have...stroke of luck.It so happens that Mark (igo-wfo)'s wife and I are the same size and was able to snatch some leathers from him...they're in great shape and I have already done my share of squeaking in them in the garage sitting on my bike while him and Squidward chatted.

I feel like a Power Ranger now, woot!

I've already asked for some custom 12 inch knee pucks so I can drag knee Kim-style :mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/wonder91178/Kim/DSCF0012.jpg

Kim