• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #56: Young Riders (ENTRY)

Reaction score
Use this thread for posting your single entry for Assignment #56: "Young Riders".

Camera phones, p&s/DSLR's, or even film.... all shooters are welcome. For this assignment, use as much creativity and post-processing techniques as you wish. All FORUM posting rules apply.

The Topic is Young Riders. Riders are good. Bikes are good. Action is good. If the photo tells a story that is even better. Photo quality is paramount.

This thread is for one single entry from each of you which must have been taken between Friday the 13th (today) and 11:59 p.m. Monday, May 23. THIS IS A SHORT PERIOD TO GET US BACK ON SCHEDULE.

Please refrain from commenting on photographs (yours and others) in this thread until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted.

Photographs should stand on their own , paying close attention to creativity, proper focus, composition, exposure, lighting, depth of field and so forth.

You may post only one entry, but you may change it any time until midnight, May 23, 2011.

PGlaves

Last edited by a moderator:
kid-tractor.jpg

Attachments

• 09-20-08_1708Medium.jpg
    09-20-08_1708Medium.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 09-20-08_1709Medium.jpg
    09-20-08_1709Medium.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_0032Medium.jpg
    DSC_0032Medium.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 228
Bastropjoel: It is a rider, and he is young. I like the novelty of the shot. It seems a bit overexposed, but nicely composed. I doubt it was a staged photo. More an instant opportunity.

Voni: He looks determined. Good overall exposure. Fill flash might have better highlighted the determined look on his face.

Paul: Those two are going to be interesting in a few years.

Thrasherg: Interesting shots, and good ones too. But the contest specifies post "one" good photo so I can't make you the winner.

So, the winner is Bastropjoel.

That was a tough assignment for me. I didn't think I would have an entry. You can't tell by the photo, but he was driving that tractor all over my neighbor's field. I jumped for the camera. At least he didn't engage the pto.

Nice shots, all. I got lucky with that one.

Now I get to choose, right?

Congrats Joel.

Sorry M38A1, I had no idea it was a competition!! I just saw Pglaves put up a picture of his kid so added a few of mine!! I will pay more attention next time..:lol2:

Gary

Gary-
No biggie..... sometimes it helps to look at the top of your screen and see where you actually are on the site, ie: what sub-forums. You're not the first and you won't be the last. :mrgreen:

All were great shots and I love sneaky , non posed shots. Great choice on winner. I just could not find an opportunity on this round. On to the next.

Back