• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Squid lid.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
DSCF0014.jpg

I've owned a lot of helmets and I can say that this is hands down the best helmet I've ever had. if you happen to be in MotoLiberty, scope out the OGK helmets then order one from www.ogk-helmets.com and save over $100.

Kneedraggers.com just had a closeout on that Vemar Carbon for $300 a helmet.

As for the OGK FF4, it's lightweight, with quality construction, a supremely comfortable liner, great ventilation and it seems to cut through the wind with great resistance to buffeting in comparison to the Shoeis and Arais that I have tried to include the X-11 and RX-7. Not to mention I got the helmet with deluxe bag, tearoffs, and spare dark smoke visor shipped for 265.

Yeah. I got it from Kneedraggers for $300. They had about 100 for sale and most were bought out by another store. They sold out in a couple days.

I want one of these, Desert Wife says I already have too many hats.:headbang:

xd_storm_silver_lrg.jpg

I went from an HJC to an Arai and was amazed by the greater comfort and lighter weight.

That Tuono in the pic is sweet!! It's the first one that really appeals to me. The normal one's just don't do it for me for some reason... Of course, if I rode one... :twisted:

fogllama said:
I went from an HJC to an Arai and was amazed by the greater comfort and lighter weight.

this is one of the prime reasons I spend more money on a helmet

I ride every day and I ride a lot, so the light weight, free flowing, and greater comfort is of utmost importance to me

but they all generally protect your head roughly the same!

I wanted to get one of those carbon helmets but they only had them in large and XL...and I wear a small....those things looked cool (I still want to see yours philip!)

Back in August I picked up a silver Scorpion exo700 with two sheilds on Ebay for $162.50 shipped.

I tried on all the Arai's, Shoei's, Icon's and this helmet is all that they are except for the price.

Removable machine washable liner, cannot fog it up no matter how hard you breath, vents so much that I would not recommend it for contact wearer because it will glue your lenses to your lenses, sheild swap in a few seconds with a nifty twisty system.

Needless to say I love this bucket. Although I do miss the flip convenience.

Next trip might be the Caberg Justissimo with the topgun sunshield.

DAM

fogllama said:
:scratch:

I've worn Arai's for the past 10 years or so (shoei's 15 before that) and they have a great feeling interior but light? Not the quantums and signets I've worn.

Funny, I finally put aside my "snobby" attitudes and bought an HJC cl-max a couple of months ago. My first impressions were not too good until it broke in. I recently spent about 11 hours in the saddle and on my final gas stop of the day I decided to make a phone call home after filling up. It was then I realized I needed to take my helmet off (it's a flip up design). Normally I can't get a helmet off quick enough at any stop; especially at the end of the day. Also, my neck wasn't sore as it's much better aerodynamically when I turn my head at speed. Great price too.

Actually I did and found them to be nice, comparable to a shoei I'd say. But I was wanting to try a flip-up after strong pressuring from a fellow rider/friend. Try one if you haven't. They are so **** convenient that I don't want to wear a full face again.

Squidward said:
As for the OGK FF4, it's lightweight, with quality construction, a supremely comfortable liner, great ventilation and it seems to cut through the wind with great resistance to buffeting in comparison to the Shoeis and Arais that I have tried to include the X-11 and RX-7. Not to mention I got the helmet with deluxe bag, tearoffs, and spare dark smoke visor shipped for 265.

Do you mind sharing where you got it in the US? Thanks!
[Never mind, I found it - http://ogk-helmetcom.host-manager.com/catalog.asp?categoryid=36430]

Last edited:
Back