• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSXR Mirrors on a Bandit 1250

Reaction score
mirrors%20-%20front%20of%20bike.jpg

mirror%20front.jpg

mirror%20mount.jpg

Another Bandit rider I know spent way too much time, money and effort designing, experimenting with, and finally having these brackets cast. I agreed to buy a set of castings to help defray the cost. He may have one pair left, so if you're interested I'll pass on your contact info (PM me). The brackets are rough cast, so you'll need to sand and polish and paint them.

Note that he has no plans to make more. Also, this is not a simple bolt on mod. It requires some mods to the GXSR mirrors, including drilling a hole in the stem to pass the wire through. And the were NOT cheap. But I'm real happy with the way they turned out.

I also added a module intended for cars, to use the turn signal lights as DRLs:

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

This runs the filaments in the turn signals as running lights until I use the turn signal switch, then both the running lights go off, and the selected side blinks normally. I think these running lights, way up high and wide, will really attract attention, especially at night. I commute in suburban DC traffic, so the more visible I am the better.

I commute in suburban DC traffic, so the more visible I am the better.

thanks, I look forward to his message.

BTW: get a 6000k 55 watt HID light from ddmtuning - them there cagers will notice you then :) They paid for themselves again tonight a hundred fold.

These do look nice.

I thought it was strange that the discussion about this on the maxsuzuki site was shut down so quickly by the moderator.

I wonder what that small bank of ten LED lights he has on the gauge console is? (not the gear indicator)

"I thought it was strange that the discussion about this on the maxsuzuki site was shut down so quickly by the moderator."

Could said "moderator" go by the screen-name, 'Griff'?
(If I remember correctly....)

The thread on Max-zook got shut down because it turned into an "I want to buy, will you make more" thread. Griff apparently charges vendors on his site, and didn't want the guy you made these using the thread to start selling them. He has since unlocked it, with that warning.

The bank of 10 LEDs is a Marc Parnes Visual Alert radar detector warning display:

http://www.marcparnes.com/Visual_Alert.htm

No hijack intended, but....

What are the lights you're using on the forks?

Is your headlight amber?

How effective is your radar detector?

Thanks

No hijack intended, but....

What are the lights you're using on the forks?

Is your headlight amber?

How effective is your radar detector?

Thanks

Fork lights: Whelen TIR-3 Vertical Mount. They're intended for emergency vehicles, and are quite bright. They don't really light up the road, but I got them so I'm more visible to oncoming traffic, and I think they do that.

http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/details_prod.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=145

They're mounted with a Whelen mount to where the fork reflectors used to be.**

Headlight: No, not amber. But compared to sunlight it's yellower, and I just put in a pair of LED corner lights that turned out to be much bluer than I thought. I'm not sure I like the LEDs, but I'll leave them for now. The headlight bulbs are these:

http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

33% brighter than a stock H7 bulb.

Radar Detector: Well, like any radar detector, sometimes it's very effective, sometimes not so much. If a LEO is using instant on radar, and nails you just as you come into view, it just tells you you're about to get a ticket.

Using a radar detector to best effect requires thought. If you get an alert from up ahead, even a brief one, you need to pay attention. It could be a cop with instant on radar tagging cars as they go by. So if you get repeated short alerts from up ahead, SLOW DOWN.

One reason I like the V1 is because of the directional arrows. Knowing whether an alert is in front of you, or behind, or off to the sides is critical to making a decision on what to do.

In short, I guess, a radar detector doesn't guarantee you won't get a ticket, but used wisely it definitely can improve the odds. OTOH, if you routinely ride 30 mph over the limit, you're probably toast anyway.

**I also have a Whelen LIN-3 red LED mounted on the rear, where the reflector used to be, wired as an auxiliary brake light, and hooked up to one of these:

http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/inde...id=181&zenid=2969cf92038c6556e2d421b06f034517

It's VERY bright. Anyone who misses it probably has dark glasses and a white cane.

thanks for posting all the info

I actually dig the blue led's, remember where you got them?

nice mirrors!

cool thanks for the link...I think they blend well with the paint job (I have the same color)

auction says 6,000K so I'd believe it based on the pic, definite hint of blue

the blue ones they sell look goofy in the pics, gotta be at least 10,000K

blue streak,
any word on if there are more brackets available? would love to do this mod as well. the Gixxer mirror wont directly bolt up to our ferrings?
thanks

No, the Gixxer mirror won't bolt up. Well, actually it might, but it would look pretty goofy. The angle of the fairing where the mirrors mount is very different on the GSXR and Bandit. I haven't looked at the fairing on the FA closely: it might be closer to the GXSR fairing angle.

I'll PM you the contact info for the guy who made the only three sets in existence. Not sure if he got rid of the 3rd set or not. He provided the design to another person who was planning to manufacture more, but I haven't heard any more on that project.

Did you comment on my YouTube vid? I tried to reply on YouTube, but the silly site kept telling me "Error!", with no explanation as to what the error might be.

thanks streak, i emailed him with no joy said he sold the design to someone else. no luck yet. and yea i comented on your vid on youtube

I bought the third set, guys. Just got in the GSXR mirrors though so I've got some work to do. I'm very impressed with the brackets and the work that went into them.

Suzuki GSX 1250 FA

Wide Range original 84cm,
after the renovation 95cm !!!!
From left Mirroroutside to right Mirroroutside

What a perfect Review without Arm Acrobatics !!!!!!!

After 11 years I just sold my '08 Bandit. To that point, I never installed the mirror mounts (and mirrors) discussed above in this thread. And that's a shame because I paid dearly for them back in 2011. So, if anyone on here is still interested, let me know. I'll let them go for a fair bit less than I paid. They'll go on eBay soon if no interest here. Thanks!

Back