• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSX1250FA luggage on a GSF1250S?

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I'm told the 2009 color matched inserts for Suzuki luggage for a GSF1250S are sold out. There are no more being made. Does anyone know if the 2009 Blue is the same color as the 2008 Blue? The part numbers for the color matched blue inserts are different for the two product years.

So if the 2008/2009 Blues aren't the same, I think I'd get the GSX1250FA black luggage. I'm pretty sure they are Givi V35 PLX cases that will work with any PLX rack, but you just never know so I thought I'd ask here.

Here ya go.....
When I bought this luggage, they had blue inserts. Within a day of them arriving off the UPS truck, I removed the inserts (easily), roughed 'em up with sandpaper, then painted 'em with a rattler can of truck-bed liner. Honest to Dog, you can't tell the difference between my painted inserts and the rest of the bags....!

P5140071.jpg

Yes, for sure the '08 and '09 blue's are different. I thought I was lucky the other day to get the color matched belly pan for my '09. All the dealers said no, but went to the Suzuki site and got it! You might try their accessory section for the bag lids as well.

The matte black covers on the Givi version of the bags actually looks very nice, and will go with anything. I paid for color matched inserts before I bought my bags, but if I had waited I think I would have left the matte black ones on there.

The 1250FA bags certainly appear to be the same as the Givi and earlier Suzuki bags, so they should fit without any problem. But compare prices for the Suzuki version with Givi. If you want matte black, I suspect the Givi's are much cheaper:

Well, maybe not. The prices seem to have gone up since I got mine. Anyway, $500 from here, but look for other sources, too. What do the Suzuki bags cost?

http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?cart_id=1305826637.65628&pid=376&product=Givi

I'm seeing the matte black Suzuki branded luggage list price $499 at Oneida Suzuki for $395. I like the looks, no line where the removable panel would be, matte black. Just gotta make sure they're really V35's so they work with my rack.

Back