• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mike "mjacks" Jacks, Houston, Tx.

mjacks

Reaction score
Now that I have mastered the perilous world of image posting I figured I could post my bike for everyone's approval.

As for me, I bought my first bike exactly 1 year ago today and took the MSF last August in Magnolia. So far I prefer the sport touring aspect of motorcycling and plan of getting an '06 FJR in the spring. I haven't done much of any group riding but I think it might be nice to try it out now that the Texas riding season has begun.

Here is the FZ6 new:
FZ61small.jpg

Here it is with my bags on in Austin after the Lonestar open house:
PC112152small.jpg

See you on the road......

Re: Mike "mjacks" Jacks

So what was your impression of the FZ6 as a first bike? Have you enjoyed it? Would you do it again or try something different?

I love the bike. It isn't ideal for sport touring but it gets the job done. I have the FJR on order which should really open up some options as far as luggage capacity and overnight trips.

I think the FZ6 is a good bike for beginners who have patience and the discipline to stay below 7-8k rpm until they are ready for a little more power. The clutch and throttle are pretty touchy but I got used to it pretty quickly. The ergos are good for me, I don't have to lean forward unless I want to and I can flat foot it with out any problems. The seat is ok for me but after about 4 hours I start to get some "monkey butt" symptoms (I am not sure if it is because of the seat or the kevlar in the draggin jeans or a combo of the two).

I noticed one other FZ6 rider on here before but I have seen him around in a while.

terrebandit said:
When you get ready to sell that FZ6, let me know.

Dave

I imagine I will be putting it up for sale around Feb. since the new FJR's are due in sometime around March. I am hoping to get an early delivery since I am the first on the list at my dealer.

I will be selling it with the yamaha tall windshield and the cortech sport saddle bags and tail bag.

Back