• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My new Ride

Abner Ravenwood

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Stephens
Hey Y'all

After years of riding dirt i am finally beginning my new adventure for the street. I picked up my new to me 2008 GSXR 600. It got 8400 miles and a few mods. The PO is a good friend of mine so i know the bike is not ragged out. When i rode it yesterday i feel like i am taking babysteps riding again. I'm used to riding YZ and CRFs, this bike is a lil more difficult to turn. But in all i love the power and i love the ride. I hope to use this as a daily commuter.

Any recommendations or comments are welcome!

Abner :rider:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 208
I meant baby steps as having to learn the new ergos on this vs a motocross bike....

Just remember to look further ahead as you WILL be going faster than on your Dirt bikes!! I love riding race rockets.. Have fun with the new bike but don't stay away from the dirt too long, or you will get rusty real quick..

Gary

Thanks Gary, yes i have noticed things come up alot quicker! And dont worry i wont be away from the dirt long thats my home. :sun:

Oh no doubt ATGATT, i dont want this to offend anyone but i am by no means a squid.

And thank you im loving it so far.

Congratulations! Enjoy many miles together :-)

Check out Ridesmart track days. The 2 local tracks local to DFW are Cresson Motor Sport Ranch on 377 SW of Benbrook and Eagles Canyon on 51 between Decatur and Gainsville just south of TX 455.

Lstd and ridesnart have events at cresson and at eagles canyon
Posted via Mobile Device

I checked out RideSmart it looks like the way im going to go. Well pursue it anyway! Thanks guys! Hope to see some of ya'll out there!

Back