• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 530

JasonJ

Reaction score
so ive had my new bike for a little while now, and got to give it a good work out at Hidden Falls today and just wanted to say a few things about it.

For starters, like most folks, before i purchased a KTM i thought they were expensive, maintenance intensive, not particularly reliable, and at a level of ability that i would never be able to utilize.

Let me just say, other than the fact that they are expensive if you buy new, the rest turned out to be a load of crap!

i'd read the KTM folks comments in the past saying "once you ride it you'll get it" or words to that effect. its almost like the harley comment of "if you have to ask you wouldnt understand" and i gave it the same level of credence. Until i got one.

There is no such thing as a bad line anymore. Want to get to the top of that loose rock covered steep hill with 2 foot deep ruts criss crossing it? Point it and go.

To date ive had about a dozen "oh crap" moments on it, based on past riding experiences i thought i was going down. the KTM surprised me each time by just getting through it unconcerned.

Lastly, you'll never smile so hard while riding, its just flat out fun. I dont know that it makes you a better rider, other bikes will get you to the same places, but there is a big difference making it through 5 miles of **** and saying "never again" and going through the same 5 miles on the KTM and wanting to turn around to go through it again.

if you are on the fence, get off it, you'll be glad you did.

today at hidden falls:

253122_1558648304409_1781337294_957936_4276354_n.jpg

Also parts pricing is as good as Jap bikes and availability is even better. Partly due to the high number of common parts between multiple models and many years of continued use of same parts. My bike probably has >80% of common parts on it. Years 1998 thru 2002, models 125/200/250/300/380 Makes it more attractive for aftermarket manufacturers to engage also.

_

the orange kool-aide is good isn't it :thumb:

The two KTMs that I have owned have been the easiest to work on and most satisfying bikes I've owned. I just wish I had posessed a bit more willpower with the first one.....those road side chats with LEOs were getting to pricey to keep her.

Welcome to the Orange Side. :clap: Those of weak constitution spread those rumors. Get to know all the mods and the 530 is much more capable than most of us. Be careful of the smile, flys love an open pie hole. :lol2: P.M. me sometime, we will ride. :rider: Sam

See I always heard the same thing about the bikes, but now I have 3 of them, and love them all, just too much fun!!!!
450sx 300xcw 690E my pumpkin patch:rofl::lol2:

You guys are pushing me to the edge. Not that I am complaining I was able
to fend off Sam's offer the first time but may not be able to resist a second
time:trust:

KTM is just quality. When I bought my 09 300 from Chip Munn it took me back to my Penton in the mid 70s. Add in that sweet aroma of exhaust from burning pre-mix and its heaven. Supposedly, some significant changes coming for the 450 and 530 EXCs that include displacement changes and fuel injection.

Back