• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North West Georgia visit places to ride!?

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I said that I'll be in Georgia (Adairsville to be specific) the week of June 13th and would like some hints of places to ride. Heard of the north part having some nice rides in the mountains. Mileage per day isn't really a concern especially if we can camp for a day or two worst case. In case it matters my vacation buddy has a cruiser but he doesn't mind pushing it a bit in the turns, etc. but my dad who might go might lol. Thanks for any input! :rider:

Just a few hours N is the Tail of the Dragon, US129, if you're interested.

The Blue Ridge Parkway ends a bit NE of there and is a fun ride, and shouldn't push anybody. Speed limit is never more than 45 and strictly enforced. Don't ride the whole thing though or you'll find yourself in West Virginia!

If you don't mind spending a night camping, head out in a random direction and follow any road that looks interesting.
Find a motorcycle shop and ask them where the interesting roads are.

I have a book detailing good roads in GA, but its been MIA since the move last year.

:tab Ga 60 between US 19 and US 76, Ft. Smith to Morganton Two Wheels Only campground used to be right where Ga 180 tees into 60 at Suches. 180 is also called Wolf Pen Gap Rd., and is definitely a must ride. In fact, if you started in Ft Smith and headed North up 60, ran 180 over to US 129 and back, continued to Morganton and then just backtracked to Ft Smith, that would be a fantastic ride. US 129 between Ft Smith and the East end of 180 is also good, but there can be traffic and it is usually patrolled.

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/

:tab If you will be riding a dualsport, there is NO END to the great riding!! :flip:

:tab So anyway... back to the street thing... :twitch:

:tab Look in the upper NW corner for a town called Chatsworth and East Ellijay. There are three good roads that run basically East West between US 411 and Ga 5. Ga 2/52 is also called Chatsworth Highway and connects the two towns. To the South is Ga 282 is also called Tails Creek Rd. Last is Ga 348.

:tab If you want more fun, head up US 76 from East Ellijay to Blue Ridge and go North on Ga 5 to the Tennessee border. It becomes Tn 68. Run that all the way up to Tellico Plains. It is a fantastic ride, especially if you are there on a weekday. There is camping in this area. You can then run East across the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville, NC., and then up US 129 to Deal's Gap (can camp there was well). From here, I would run down NC 28 all the way back down into South Carolina. 28 is another fantastic ride. Just inside the SC border, look for Pine Mountain and head West on Warwoman Rd., and start working your way back to the North Atlanta area.

:tab You could spend weeks in that whole area and barely scratch the surface of some absolutely incredible riding... even if you just stick to the pavement ;-)

Oops I forgot to mention that the previous week we're doing a run from CT through Blue Ridge and Dragon's tail being our final destination before heading to Adairsville the following week to stay at my parents, etc! :)

Back