• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My homemade top box bracket

Reaction score
As anyone who rides two up with the factory topbox setup knows the position of the topbox is way too forward and really makes it a tight fit between you and your passenger. I looked for a solution online and didnt find anything you could buy to move the box back with the standard rack. I had a piece of 1/4 x 1 3/4 steel barstock that was welded to 10 1/2 by 12 1/2 laying around in my garage (maybe from a bike stand I think) but it was the perfect size to use as a repositioning mount for my topbox. I drilled a few holes and installed the stock pins for the box to slide onto and two more for the locking mechanism and besides painting that was about it. This moved the box back 3" and really made a huge improvement with a passenger aboard and is very solid.
2011-05-25105445.jpg

Yeah, I think I paid $35.00 for the Givi conversion..... I've used it on a Vespa, and currently on my little SV650:

P7200004.jpg

That will certainly move the topbox back, but it looks like the bracket you made could be pretty uncomfortable against a passengers butt.

It looks that way but isnt even close when passenger is onboard. My only concern about the ones you purchase is it being strong enough to not only hold the case but the pressure of someone leaning against backrest with case being moved back and creating more stress because of how far it hangs past previous point... Three inches doesnt sound like much but when you measure it and see how much past the stock position it is you realize that it needs to be very strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly.....

I would feel more confident with a passenger leaning against YOUR set-up than my universal Givi mount!

Nice looking fab job. Oughta be a solid piece of equipment. Hey, anybody can go buy stuff...

I ordered mine from Boulevard Suzuki when they were having their Thanksgiving sale last year. Any Suzuki dealer should be able to get it. The part number is 990D0-38G10-060.

I got my rack (and a bunch of other stuff) from Twisted Throttle via the Net.....
really good people, and returning stuff is effortless!

Back