• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom Seat Back

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
I've been looking for a way to give some support to my aching, sixtyish back, and I finally found it - courtesy of a photo I saw on TWT a few days ago. This is a seat back from Dan Vesel V-Strom Accessories. The prices was quite low - $140 + shipping.

Once I contacted Dan, he was friendly, helpful and prompt. The seat back went out by US mail almost immediately, and arrived today. Installation was ridiculously simple, requiring only an 8mm allen wrench and about 5 minutes of my time.

A fifteen-minute test ride was enough to know that this is what I've been looking for. It'll take a bit of adjusting to get the positioning perfect, but that's no biggy.

The obvious downside is that it takes quite a kick to swing your leg over the seat back when mounting up. I knew I would face that, and it's a small price to pay for the comfort.

By the way, there's an unexpected bonus. This is the first time I've ever had the thrill - on a motorcycle - of feeling my back pushed into a seat back during quick acceleration. That was kinda fun.

Dan Vesel's website isn't terribly easy to find. I'll paste the link here, for anybody who might be interested. He also builds several other farkles and widgets for V-Stroms. http://community-2.webtv.net/CHERDAN/MyVStromAccessories/

Attachments

• 2011-0611 seatback (1).jpg
    2011-0611 seatback (1).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 2011-0611 seatback (2).jpg
    2011-0611 seatback (2).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 145
Looks good, Tim. You might try standing on the peg first, then swinging your leg over the seat.

Back