PDA

View Full Version : INFO REQ: Triumph Thunderbird Storm

bigcomfy
06-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Dear TWT Members,

Have any of you ridden this new cruiser platform from Triumph? After the SV sells, I'll be looking to replace it with something with forward controls. I went to the dealership to look at BMW GT's and RT's but the Thunderbird , esp the storm edition, caught my eye....

Thanks for the information.

Martin :zen:

Stook
06-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Looks great, tremendous power/torque, harsh ride, reported to get mediocre mileage.

According to an owner I know well, a standard new model TBird gets around 45mpg while most owners who have the "big bore" kit report something closer to 35mpg. OK for occasional local high speed blasts, but not great for longer distances (my opinion anyway).

The "standard" TBird isn't a plush ride, but the Storm is way harder. You will absolutely need something better than the stock seat if you buy the Storm. Corbin makes a really nice and comfortable replacement. I would say replacing the seat falls into the "mandatory," rather than optional category if you actually plan to ride the beast (as opposed to just admiring its handsome good looks sitting in your driveway). :lol2:

bandit1911
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I saw a T bird for the first time last week . HD had better up their game ! Why is the ride on the storm harder ? I was thinking this was just a big bore kit and bug eye lights .:doh:

bigcomfy
11-10-2011, 06:44 AM
I've seen a couple as well and man they look great! Now that the SV is gone I might have to pull the trigger on one after Christmas... hummm New car or new bike?