PDA

View Full Version : viffer-bago pics

brd
03-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Here's some pics of my givi wingrack and bags that I got last week.
http://www.pbase.com/brd/givi

I did a 1000 mile trip to Arkansas with them this past weekend, and they worked great. No issues with headshake, buffeting, or anything. I had them loaded down pretty good, but cranked the rear preload up a good bit and the front preload up a little and couldn't even tell they were back there, and I did quite a lot of twisty-carving up there in the Ozarks. :mrgreen:

They're not the prettiest set-up in the world, but if I really cared a lot about that, I wouldn't have bought them. Also, the wingrack comes off by undoing 4 nuts, takes maybe 5 mins.

Overall, very well-made, solid, affordable, and extremely useful. I highly recommend them.

Tourmeister
03-11-2003, 06:33 PM
I could not agree more! I love the GIVI stuff. I seldom, if ever, go riding without my topcase. Best of all, I never even think about it being back there. Top notch stuff!

Adios,

buck000
03-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Sweet! And I'm extraordinarily jealous over your 1K weekend... :tears:

Tourmeister
03-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Well, since the races were rained out, did you just ride all weekend? What roads did you hit? Got pics? C'mon, fess up! ;-)

Adios,

elliott_p
03-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Brian,

Would mind my asking what a setup like that costs..ballpark? Also where did you order from? I've been thinking about a hardbag setup and I really like what you've got there.

Tourmeister
03-24-2003, 04:47 PM
Elliot,

I got my GIVI setup for my VFR800 for around $650. I have an E50 topcase, two E360's and the wingrackII. I bought them from AZ motosports. The give VFR listers a 10% discount if you tell them in the comments section of your order that you are a list member. It may seem like a lot of money, but it is well worth it!!

brd
03-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Like Scott, I got mine from azmotorsports and got the 10% vfrlist discount. I put in the comments section on my order that I was a listmember, but still had to email and remind them before I got the discount.

My setup was around $750. That's for the mounting kit, wingrack2, 2 e360s, an e52 maxia (with built in brakelights option--really cool), a backrest pad, and also a rack that can go on top of the topbox (for extreme luggage needs, like 2-up camping).

I also second what Scott said about it being worth the money. ****, I paid $750 on my Sprint just for a rack + topbox. The givis are not as pretty as the Triumph luggage, but they're more waterproof and can be transferred to pretty much any other bike, so I see it as a lifetime investment.

elliott_p
03-27-2003, 07:35 AM
Hmmmm....Penske shock or hardbags. Why did noone tell me that the purchase of the motorcycle itself is merely the beginning of a long slow, seemingly endless draining of the bank account for necessary accessories? :D

Tourmeister
03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.... Man I remember rationalizing my first bike purchase. "Uh... It will only be $2250 for the bike and then a few hundred for a helmet, fiftey bucks for some gloves, couple hundred more for a jacket and I'm good to go... say three grand for whole thing... yeah I can do that!" Don't even ask how much I have spent since that day! Consider yourself lucky if the draining is slow. I seem to have stepped out onto a very steep and slippery slope... :lol: