• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Russel Saddles

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Looking for any folks that have had experience with Russel Day Long saddles. on any bike will work FJRs are preferable. Thinking of finding an extra stock saddle and sending it to them for a rebuild.

Had one briefly on my ST1300. Really comfortable, ugly as ugly gets to my eye though, and it raised the seat height to the point that I could no longer reach the ground. If you have really long legs with plenty of "ground clearance" between your feet and your butt, you'll probably like the Day Long. I couldn't ride safely with it, so I only had it for a couple of weeks before I sold it.

One bit of good news, based on my experience anyway, is that if you don't like it you can probably sell it for 90% of what you paid for it so the risk should be minimal if you decide to go for it.

While not a Russel I have a Rick Mayer on my ZRX been on the bike for
8 years still looks new and is probably the most comfortable street bike
Seat I have ever used in 33 years of street riding

http://www.rickmayercycle.com/

I believe he is the one of Russel's sons who went off on his own after his dad sold the company or something along those lines

Rider and passenger Day Long on my 07 FJR. Worth every penny. Wife loves it too. I've had several say that they like the looks of it but as Russell says, "beauty is in the eye of the butt holder." Longest ride was a 450 miler with wife on board and neither of us had any pain. The only very minor issue I have is the edge of the wings cut into my thigh which causes a bit of discomfort after about 250 miles.

Anyone willing to let me test sit on one of theirs? Yeah it doesn't look great but it looks comfortable as **** :)

Comfy as a Barcalounger. Must be fit for your height though. The one I had on the KLR was made for a taller rider than I. I had to scoot forward out of the bucket part of the seat to hit the pegs.

Maybe I will try to get out to ice cream Friday night if you are going to be there.

I have one on my ST1300. Rode 850 miles in the heat the last two days. The only part of me that isn't tired is my butt.

Are you ever coming out on a Tuesday night again?

I have one on my ST1300. Rode 850 miles in the heat the last two days. The only part of me that isn't tired is my butt.

Are you ever coming out on a Tuesday night again?

Been working the noon to shut down shift so I haven't been getting off in time to get there :(

That seat over on the Stromtrooper forum is for a 2nd Gen FJR and he said it didn't fit his brother who is about the same size as me. :( I couldn't afford to pick it up now anyway.

That's cool I just want to get an idea of how one feels to sit on with those "wings" on it.

It's looking like I am not going to be able to make it out on Friday. Sorry. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Rider and passenger Day Long on my 07 FJR. Worth every penny. Wife loves it too. I've had several say that they like the looks of it but as Russell says, "beauty is in the eye of the butt holder." Longest ride was a 450 miler with wife on board and neither of us had any pain. The only very minor issue I have is the edge of the wings cut into my thigh which causes a bit of discomfort after about 250 miles.

They make a sports version now, the wings are not quite as wide.

http://www.day-long.com/gallery_Sports_Bikes.html

It's looking like I am not going to be able to make it out on Friday. Sorry. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

It no biggie :). I can't afford one for 2 months or so probably so i should be able to check one out sometime. I'll run into ya sometime around here :)

Sent from my iPhone

There was a gentlemen that ate steak with us at Murphy's in Winchester that had a Russell day long on his KLR, and he claimed to have done several 700 mile days on it!! His KLR was blue and white.....

I have a Russel day long on my 2009 FJR ,longest day was 750 miles with no issues with the seat .The wife and I love it .Best money my wife has ever spent.

Back